An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uncontrollable two year old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Toddlers to Twelve Year olds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: uncontrollable two year old Reply with quote

Hi I really need some ones help today I left my abusive partner, and i cant cope with my two year old thats not his my son use to be such a nice boy untill i met this wank. hes turned my son into a monster and only my ex can controll him, hesaking me not like him anymore. how can i gain controll back over my child without the idiot.
JanetM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post was a little confusing, but you need to put you foot down, set the rules, stick by them. Put him in timeout and don't give in -- it will help you later. Anyway two is a wild age for kids -- they get fustrated because they try to communicate and sometimes can't. You ever hear of the terrible two's ....
MOM_of_Karli

State or Province: Delaware

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lizzy it seems you are having a lot of trouble. My 18 month old daughter has been getting out of control and I have NO clue where she has gotten it from. There is NO abuse in my home and she out of nowhere decided she was going to start hitting, punching, kicking, biting... uncontrolably lashing out. I am newly pregnant with our second child and I kinda fell "she knows" and that is why she is acting out.

My advice, and what has been working for me... every time Karli has a fit, hitting, kicking, punching, or trying to bite me I grab her hands, feet, etc. put them by her side, holding firm but not hard enough to burt her. I tell her NO, hitting, etc. is bad... then I put her in her crib for about 2 minutes... if she lashes out in the crib she satys there a minute longer.

Honestly she is only 18 months and only half understands, but being firm with her for the past 3 weeks, she has not hit, punched, kicked, or anything since... it did take at least 5 - 7 times a day everyday for 3 weeks, but she is no longer lashing out like she was.

I hope it may help - as I said a little different, but it has worked for me.
MICHAUDRUS2

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: your not alone Reply with quote

lizzy, i completely know what your going through, my daughter is now 5, and i am still dealing with this. and with alot of therapy and medicine, she is slowly on her way to recovery, i am not sure where your located, but try to see if they have a child behavior center in your town. and just start drawing pictures about how your feeling and ask" why are you angry?" whats bothering you? or tell him, draw mommy a picture about how you feel. my daughter expresses her self with art. it might work for you. or even try something he likes. its wroth a try. but believe me if you dont address this now, it only gets worse. i later found out my daughter was adhd, and rage, emotional issues, and very hard of hearing. so with getting the hearing problem fix by hearing aids, we were able to began and work on other problems. good luck and i hope works out for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Toddlers to Twelve Year olds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: