An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vistiation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kangle33398@msn.com

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: vistiation Reply with quote

Hi my daughter broke her foot at her fathers house on new years eve we were just able to get her foot cast today she is suppose to go for 3 hour visitation on wed and she is refusing to go because her foot is hurting alot and we have steps to go down and back up plus the weather is freezing and he refuses to bring the children home so we have to meet at a neutral place and she would have to be transferred from his car to mine and then back up the steps to my home she has told her father she can't make it tommorrow she is in pain (she is 11 years old)
but he is making a scene about it and telling her she has to come to the point she is in tears the child already has stress issues that have caused her to lose her hair and mainly its from his new wife what can i do he will call the police on me and put contempt charges what a mess help what do i do!!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in the best interest of the child... keep her home, tell him that you are sorry, but it is to much for your daughter to go up and down the steps, she has a broken foot and is in pain. You will be happy to meet him at court on Thursday to file for a modification in custody since it is a medical concern and she broke her foot at his house... and he can't seem to see that it is what is best for her... or he can deal with a lack of 3 hours this week...

I would also call the doctor and ask him what he thinks about her going up and down the steps and such... and could he write you a doctors note to give to the father... and you can send that to him with a note saying that should he try to take you to court for contempt for a three hour visitation, you will gladly bring in the doctors note showing the judge that a doctor told you it was not in her best interest. Make sure you photo copy the doctors note... and have it dated on the day that it was given to him.
Kangle33398@msn.com

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: daughter broke foot Reply with quote

Well are you ready for this my x showed up at the house even after being told over and over again by our daughter that she was not coming and she would see him this weekend and when she refused to go out he told her to bring her cellphone to him and she was punished from it for a week hello she can't get down the steps???? My parents were there with her today they could see him and his new wife looking in the back of the car and reading some kind of papers and a few minutes later here comes the police he called them on his own daughter for not coming to by this time 2 hour visitation in the freezing cold weather he does not bring the children home i have to meet him so she would have had to be transferred from one car to another and then back up 2 sets of steps at the house unreal i was just floored with this one.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did the police say? Did they look at your daughter and laugh at him... and tell him that he is a poor excuse of a parent...?

Go directly to court this morning, and file for child endangerment, and modification in custody... she broke her foot in his custody... not only did he punish her for breaking her foot, he called the cops on his own child.

you want to modify custody and support... if you have not gotten an increase in support in 2 to 3 years, you are entitled... you want to forgo wednesday night 3 hour visits since your daughter is getting older, homework takes longer, and she has more studying to do to become an above average academic achiever... ask your daughter how much time she wants to spend with her day per month/weekend... while, she isn't old enough to make the decision to not spend time... the judge will likely listen to her desires... I would also look up what the legal age in your state is that she can out right tell him she doesn't want to see him. PA is 12 years old... as is TX and CA is 15...
Nuran

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

oh , i am sorry for hearing that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: