An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a conclusion... sort of...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KATYSMOM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: a conclusion... sort of... Reply with quote

Well, when we went to court over #1 the custody case as a whole and #2 the domestic abuse order, I wasn't going alone. My husband went with to say that he was in the room when I talked to her and I never said what her father claimed I said and my dad came with to say that he had spoken to my ex previously about his mother saying those things about my mother and me. Honestly it was still he says she says but what witnesses did he have? So according to my lawyer, his lawyer didn't even know that he had filed the restraining order, nor did he even have a copy. Needless to say when the ex saw my family and that I had a lawyer, he dropped the order all together (although without prejudice, so he can technically refile any time- but won't that just bring up the question if he was afraid for his life, why exactly would he drop it in the first place?) Then my lawyer found a REALLY REALLY good woman in KY to do my evaluation, and got the judge and the evaluator who hates me to agree to her. Plus I got a 7 week visit with my daughter starting July 17 to do the evaluation in. So, all in all I would say it is shifting in my favor, plus my lawyer agrees that the other evaluator really didn't like me and was picking on me in his evaluation and she spoke to the judge about the obvious prejudice, and the judge informed the evaluator that he expected him to NOT make a recommendation in this case. So the judge will have to read both reports and draw his own conclusions. And the earrings never came up, I don't know the legalities anyway, but when she is with me she can't wear earrings anyway. I don't like earrings, I am almost 26 and don't have my ears pierced- as my choice, you know? I can't put them in for her, and my 2 year old son would probably rip them anyway. So who knows. They may close up. The ex said he did it because "Katy wanted her ears pierced." Of course my mom said to him- "She wants to live with her mom, what are you doing about that?" I can't wait to get her away from him, even if it is for just a short time. Ahhh- I pray every day for her safety, I hope it's enough.
Barb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katysmom,
God be with you and may everything turn out in you and your childs favor. Very good to hear postive things on behave of the children.

Barbara
Wisconsin
Mothers Unite!
katysmom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have her, and I've met with the local evaluator who not only believes I'm not crazy but can't believe all that has been allowed to be done to me up in Minnesota. Hopefully a turning point, god willing, because the stories she's come with this time are worse than ever. Get this- she asked me when she got here why people go underground when they die (try and answer that without being morbid) and then, 2 days later, she told me her Grammie (the ex's crazy mom) told her that she was going to be going underground with her when she gets back from my house...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: