An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Just One, Two...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebbles92

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Not Just One, Two... Reply with quote

Hello,
I am a single mom of 2 teenage boys, 16 & 14 yrs of age. I am about to make a decision that I thought as a mother I would NEVER have to make. Recently my oldest son had me arrested for not giving him his birth certificate & social security card to get his drivers license's. While I was incarcerated he went and had another parent sign & he received his drivers license. As a mom I did not feel that he had enough experience to have them, I feel that driving is a priviliage. (Under the care of my ex husband he had hit a deer while he was on his drivers permit.)
About a month later of receiving his license, with no contact with each other, he showed up at my home asking me to HELP bail him out that he had ditched my ex husbands car with a car load of juviniles. As much as I love him I just could not do it, he ended up taking all his friends home and going back to his buddies house they fixed the car and he got away with it. He lies all the time, and I just cant deal with it. I am About to revolke my motherly rights, beings it seems like I have none any way Sad Sad Sad ...
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry about your situation... but at a certain age kids have a right to say what they want... and whether or not it is in the best interest of the child or not... Judges will listen to them.

I assume he lives with his father at this point... go and talk to a lawyer... find out your rights, and then talk to friends and family. if you still feel like you need to do this, then hire an attorney. But you can just go to court and ask that your husband have full physical and legal custody of your 16 year old and that you do not want any visitation at all of him.

From my stand point, I would have given him over to his dad the second I was released from Jail... and told him good luck with that. but that is me.
Pebbles92

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Still In Love,
I Have Discussed this situation with my family, friends, and adopted off springs. (They are his friends whom are at my home all the time) they two have spoken as you have. The first thing that come out my mouth was that, I wanted to just sign over my son. Thats how angry I was with him, when I was released from jail. My mom is so upset with him that she does not even want to see or speak of him, she has disowned him as a grandson (as he is the oldest one). I realized the day he came to my home, I could not look at him the same as I did before.(Instead of standing inside the sand box, I am now standing outside of it). I also realize now how him & his dad have munipulated me for years.
I have been doin research on what it is I have to do in order to sign my rights away, and I guess all in all my heart is aching, its like he took a knife stabbed me in the heart twisted it and pulled it right out. Everything I have done and or could possibly do for him was in his hands. The sad thing is it is the same thing my ex-husband did to me ten yrs ago, now they know I see what is going on there has been no contact what so ever. I thank you so very much for your comment, I guess I needed a strangers point a view...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: