An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here, considering having a baby on my own

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bostongirl211

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: New here, considering having a baby on my own Reply with quote

I will be 33 next month and I feel my biological clock ticking so loud it is driving me insane!

I am thinking I might wait until I am 35 and then try artificial insemination.

My fear though, is that I am not financially able to care for a child. I work full time and make 63K per year. I live outside of Boston and am planning on buying a condo within the next year or so. I would like to own before I have a baby. My friends think I am jumping the gun and should wait until my late 30s because who knows, I might meet Mr. Right and get married!

As for finances, daycare costs $12K a year in MA. My health insurance would go up substantially and there are so many hidden costs with raising a child. That being said, I stand to inherit a large amount of money which will help off set the cost. Still, my friends are telling me there is no way I can afford to have a baby when I make 63K per year.

I feel like my dreams have been dashed. I've been so depressed over all of this.

Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone else here in the same boat?
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single mothers raise kids making a lot less then 63K. It won't be easy but if you really want this you will have to live on a low buget life.

I would do it, but I don't need many fancy things to keep me going.

Loving a child and being there for them is the most important thing.

Good luck, it won't be easy though.

-Mary
fufifniliy

State or Province: Delaware

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once in a physics examination, Nick finished the first question very soon, while his classmates were thinking it hard.The question was: When it thunders why do we see the lighting first, then hear the thunderrolls? Nick\'s answer:see our eyes are before ears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fifa14store.co.uk
fifacoinsworld.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: