An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there ayone out there who have been abandoned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommybev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: is there ayone out there who have been abandoned Reply with quote

am now seven months pregnant and i have no help, emtionally, financially and no family. i cant beg the childs father any longer he said it was my decision to have the child, its is my first and hope fully my last and iam determined to keep it. i
fashndiva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all let me congratulate you on your mind set. It is the right one to have in this situation. I was 7 months pregnant when I found out about the father's girlfriend. I'm not abandoned, so to speak, because I broke things off with him. Thank God I wasn't stupid enough to marry him! He is nearing 50 now, and he still acts more like a child than my 8 year old does. You say you have no financial help - go after him and make sure he supports that baby. Sure, times it feels like a 2nd (and 3rd job), but it will be worth it in the long run. I know exactly what state of mind you're in because I was there too. Hang in there, it is sooooo worth it.
sara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it on your own, girl!!! Lots of us are doing it. It's hard sometimes, but you can do it. And it's all worth it.
debw97459

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay strong. I was abandoned at 7 months pregnant. But I am happy to say my son is now 13. And the most awesome kid in the world. I know what you are going through. I always worried I was not enough for him. Or that he needed a male role model in his life. It hasn't always been easy. But I well never regret my decision to keep him.
marigallion

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: You're a tough cookie! Reply with quote

That's right you can do it alone. I was abandoned too, and now with the experience I've had over the last eight years of my parenthood, I'm considering CHOOSING to do it alone again before my time runs out-- after all, I can have complete control over parenting/ financial/ ethical decisions that I make. It's not that I "can't get a man" or any of that other B.S., it's that life has shown me that HONESTLY 90% of the men out there are really not worthy of teaming up with someone like me. And that last 10%: they're out there, but you can't tell who they are with your eyes alone, and right now I'm too busy to look that hard. By the way, my son's father eventually wanted to come back, but by that point I was way too smart for him. I se the same thng happening for many of you.
Keep your head up!
Mari
www.singlepregnancy.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: