An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surprise custody order from involved father = scared mommy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bepeters04

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Surprise custody order from involved father = scared mommy Reply with quote

After 8 months of cooperating peacefully in terms of our son, my ex has filed a temporary custody order. He filed this order less than an hour after we left our child support meeting with CSEA that determined the amount that he would pay. Which I immediately said was too high and that we would discuss an amount that worked for both of us.

He sees our son, Parker, when I am at work or school. The schedule looks something like
Mon: 6p-10:30 (I'm at school)
Tues: none
Wed: 5p-9:30 (I'm at work)
Thurs: none
Fri: 6p-10 (I'm at work)
Sat: 3p-overnight (I work 4-11) overnight stays just started 2 weeks ago.
Sun: until around 4:30P (I pick Parker up and take him to mass from 9a-10a before work at 11a-4p)
The rest of the time my son is with me.

Until we had our child support meeting, this schedule apparently "worked" for us. But literally less than an hour after we had our meeting that established the amount that he would have to pay, he filed for a temporary custody order granting him everyday after work with Parker (excluding Tuesday) and all day on the weekends. He also "demands permanent primary residential parent" or a shared parenting plan. That is the part that freaks me out.

I only work part-time and go to school one day a week, surely they won't grant him this request? He works full-time 6 days a week. I also have a two year old daughter, Parker's half sister, that I don't want him to miss out on quality time with. I am scared to death that the courts are going to take my baby boy away from me. I am in the process of getting a lawyer to contest the order (that he isn't even following-go figure) and to take the matter to court. Parker is 9 months old and exclusively breastfed with solids. Aside from the past 3 weeks of Saturday overnight stays, his father has only had him 2 other nights. I am worried that since I still live with my parents and my brother and sister, whereas he owns a home with his brother where Parker has his own room, that he will get residential parent. I am fairly certain that this is a reaction to not wanting to pay child support, and my son's best interest will be thrown aside.

Any advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: