An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teenager Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and their Teenagers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lTX2014

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Teenager Issues Reply with quote

Hello - I am writing today about issues with my 14 year old daughter - she started high school this year and she seems to have the "just get by" attitude.

I don't have to be mommy dearest - but I don't want to end up on dr. phil because I am a pushover -

Any suggestions as they are in high school and searching for their own independence?

Also - do you allow your 14 year old girl to go off with their friends that drive?? Go to movies alone??
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the club. I have a 15 year old freshmen. We have to push her everyday to study. She could easily get straight A's but is a B student at best.

All she cares about is texting and hanging out with her friends. We called the phone company and had her text messages cut off at 9:00pm Monday thus Thurs. It was a good idea. She had 6000 text messages in one month.

Luckily none of her friends drive. But I would hold off on that for as long as possible.

Good Luck.
ElizabethDa

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You two should have a sincere discussion and make her understand how important is school for her future.
ashleypaxtonn

State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Teenager Issues Reply with quote

lTX2014 wrote:
Hello - I am writing today about issues with my 14 year old daughter - she started high school this year and she seems to have the "just get by" attitude.

I don't have to be mommy dearest - but I don't want to end up on dr. phil because I am a pushover -

Any suggestions as they are in high school and searching for their own independence?

Also - do you allow your 14 year old girl to go off with their friends that drive?? Go to movies alone??

Yes, I think you should make her understand the importance of studies. My son was even the same skips school, hang around with friends but then I hired him a home tutor. Home tutoring lets you keep an eye on your kid.
On the other hand, I also made him realize the importance of studies which actually paid me off to change his attitude towards studies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and their Teenagers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: