An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can we fix this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grammydawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: How can we fix this? Reply with quote

I would never have believed loving mommies could lose custody of their precious little children have I not been living it. I am the grandmother of two little girls, ages two and three and I'm watching them and my daughter go through this tragedy. How does this happen? How did our legal system get so messed up that it takes children away from a loving parent? Who said someone can make a decision in an hour that affects a child for the rest of their life? Our system is such a mess... More time is spent determining the fate of a drug dealer or a thief in our system. I get so irritated! They are supposed to be protecting our children but instead, they, in a sense, become an abuser. So, how do we change this? My heart aches for each of you and the little ones...
kaisgirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need better investigation done during any and all trials or hearings and a system of follow up by law guardians. We also have to make family court a more uniformed court. Your right the system is a mess because their is no set guidelines. Everything is hit or miss or who you know or who can pay for the better attorney. my problems are over because my child is grown but maybe i can make a diffrence for her
katysmom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what would maybe help? Getting 3rd party evaluators, not just the people social services uses. The guy affiliated with the county is not a counsellor, or a social worker, he does not have any relevant background as far as I can see. And he is so jaded from the home visits for domestic abuse cases, that anything where the kid isn't drunk or bleeding looks good, and a dad who has a college degree is as good as a saint. It's ridiculous. I think they need to seperate abuse and divorce. It's just too important!
Barb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grammydawn

I'm with you, I've been sitting back knowing my little granddaughter is being abused every day of her life, and the court system's that allow's such maddness is at fault. This is all being done in the name of fathers rights. When a woman leaves her violent abusive husband for her and her childrens safety she is treated like she is an unfit mother, and the children are called liars if they tell the truth about what daddy is doing. They try to say it's the mother telling the children to say these things because she is trying to alienate the father, child relationship, and what is even sicker is that these so called fathers don't have to prove one darn thing to support what they are saying. They have alot of money backing them so the laws are swing-ing their way. OUR CHILDREN ARE FOR SALE in the family court systems. We must unite and get rid of this sickness that is racing across our country. Our children deserve better.

Barbara
Wisconsin
Mothers Unite!!!
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: hey all Reply with quote

i am posting this to let everyone know that me and another girl are in the process of setting up something that i am hoping will help everyones needs our organization will be called family rights advocacy. it is not quite up and running but i am hoping soon we are in the process of trying to find funding and we need to get some contracts set up i will keep everyone informed as we get further along
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family court system is messed up because people have children with people they shouldn't have. Thats the fact. We only hear one side of the story on the internet. If a man is a druggie, criminal, doesn't work, probably not a good idea to date him and have a baby with him.

You understand that divorces many times are VERY bitter and ugly, and parents do not think of the children. Mud slinging and lies are thrown back and foth. Who are the courts to believe?

The kids ar the losers here Sad
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree that the court system is messed up but i want to help change that it will take a while i know but once our organization is up and running i am hoping single parents will jump in and help nothing will be changed unless we all ban together and see to it that family laws are changed for the good of the children and that is who i am doing this for i dont like to have to stuggle by myself to support my son any more than the next person and i dont want to have to live in fear that my son will be taken away from me like some of the women have to and i want to help them fight to get their children back. where there is a will there is always a way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: