An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can Temporary Emergency Custody get us out of state?(OR-FL)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 1
State or Province: Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Can Temporary Emergency Custody get us out of state?(OR-FL) Reply with quote

This is kind of a long story. My ex and I were both living in Florida when we met. In August of 2013 I moved out here to Oregon to be with him, because he tried convince me it would be a better place to raise a child. I never really wanted to come out here in the first place, but I wanted to keep our little '"family" together and I thought it was the right thing to do.

In April of this year he started having a gambling addiction and he was spending so much money he couldn't even keep the household afloat. I was a stay at home mom to our son. He also relapsed and started using drugs again. he would stay away for days at a time and never spend any time with me our our son. About a month ago he left me for another girl. He does come to pick up our son ever once in a while, but of course I worry since he is a substance abuser. He has also cut off all contact with me pretty much. He blocked me on his Facebook and got a new phone number which he never gave me. He will call his mom when he wants to come see our son.

The thing is I have nothing out here. No family, no job, no car or place of my own. I'm staying with my ex parent's for the time being because this is where he ditched us and I have no where else to go. Also his parents are not the best people for a child to be raised around. His dad is an alcoholic and his mom has mental issues and is always lie and making up these outrageous stories. Plus my ex sells their prescription pain pills for them to make money.

I know my son's dad has rights too, but I really just want to be back in Florida with my family, where my son can have a stable home life and where I will be able to work and provide for him. I know it's not about me, but I am getting really depressed our here. I really feel that my ex only brought me out here to "trap" me in case we ever broke up. He already has a 6 year old daughter who he hasn't seen in 5 years because the mother sort of tricked him into signing away his rights. So I feel I am more or less a scapegoat and it is not really about my son at all.

So I'm wondering if I file Temporary Emergency Custody on the grounds that he is a substance abuser and a dealer and that I am all alone out here, will it be enough to get me out to state until I can file in Florida after 6 months?

(BTW, I do have printed documents in the form of Facebook messages that he is using and dealing)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 02 Oct 2014
Posts: 2
State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: moving out of state Reply with quote

What is the current custody order say? Is there even one? Has custody and her been established?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login