An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 29 Oct 2014
Posts: 1
State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Please help Reply with quote

I have been the custodial parent of my two daughters since separating from my ex husband, court order entered 2008 with him having reasonable visitation. For the past school year, our girls have lived with their father because he wanted to spend more time with them and coincidentally I wanted a fresh start in GA. Our agreement was verbal and included that at the end of the school year, they would come with me. He had his mother in law meet me after their family trip in NC back in mid July and they have been back with me since. They are enrolled in school and other activities and I had just spoken to their school counselor and they will start meeting with her due to my concerns of having lived with their father. He's an alcoholic with 2 DUI's and was kicked out of the military because of it. Now, he's filed for full custody back in VA after taking care of them for a year. Unfortunately, my GAL is very rude and I can never get in touch with him. I just kept getting blown off since August until yesterday, we only spoke for five min and he would not let me speak. He told me that if I wanted to speak with him I should've made an appointment because he has other appointments and basically ended the call. The day before court.. Should I file for custody here in GA? If he is awarded custody in VA can I still file here where we live? I've been here a little over a year. They do not want to go back and I'm concerned for their well being. They're girls and they're 9 & 10. He just doesn't want to pay child support. Please help Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 26
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you to discuss the matter with an experienced attorney. I took the help of the attorney at Seigman, Starritt-Burnett & Sinkfield, PLLC at the time of custody of my children.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login