An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Needing Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lanchs1

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Needing Advice Reply with quote

I'm a single mom to a wonderful 16 month old that I have taken care of mostly on my own since she was born. Her father has had years of drug abuse and prior to our daughter being born promised to stop but he didn't. He was arrested after a raid of his house resulted in weed being grown there and him selling large quantities about 6 months ago. Since weed has been so downgraded in our state, the courts don't recommend supervised visits. My lawyer also informed me it would be a stretch also to get full custody since this was his first arrest on record and the child was not there at the time of the arrest (Thank god!). To say the least I do feel like I've been failed by the legal system.... My issue that I'm having currently is in addition to his drug abuse he now wants his girlfriend around my daughter. (He had an affair with this 19 yr old at the time my daughter was born.) She has a bigger drug abuse problem, also prescribed medication that she abuses and drinks alcohol even though she underage with her medication. He wants to have her around our child and tells me he won't ever let anything happen to my daughter when she's around her. Had this girl not had any drug abuse history or arrest records I wouldn't be giving this much of an issue but that's not the case. Everyone else seems to tell me to wait until she does something to my daughter to get an order of protection preventing her for being around my child but i don't want to wait till something happens. Our visitation agreements states that neither parent can bring a significant other around our child for a period of 3 months of dating to make sure the relationship is solid. The problem is they keep breaking up and getting back together and he says he can have whomever he wants around the child, including ex's. Is there any advice someone can give me to just prevent her from being around my daughter when her father has her? I'm not saying he can't date this woman or another woman in general, I just don't want people who have a record of drug use/abuse around my toddler daughter. Am I the only mom who has this kind of concerns for their child?
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to worry about it. You can discuss the issue with an attorney and fight for your right. I would suggest you to visit a lawyer.

Last edited by ashleyjohn on Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
almaelder

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should take legal help and try to solve your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: