An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unmarried mom of 2 wants out of relationship.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red7

State or Province: Wyoming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Unmarried mom of 2 wants out of relationship. Reply with quote

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who is in need of help.

The story is, she has been with the father for 7 years, they have had two kids in that time. The father signed both of their birth certificates. They have recently moved to Hawaii, but the kids were born on the mainland. The mother has no resources as she can not get a license, and does not own a car. She is the main person to care for her kids, as the father works full time. She desperately wants out of the relationship and to move back home on the mainland, but is afraid she will lose her kids. She has already discussed this with her boyfriend, and he made it clear that if she leaves with the kids he might call the cops, so I'm sure she is going to have to get ahold of a lawyer.

What do you think her chances of getting custody are? Considering she doesn't have money? She would be able to fly back home, and she would probably have help with the kids when she got there, and would be able to find work and get a car. This is all if she got at least joint custody. I don't know how joint custody would work though, considering the father would still likely be in Hawaii.

Would it be smart for her to fly back without the kids, get a job and a car, then try to fly her kids over?

Are there any free legal resources for single mothers concerning custody issues?
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on a variety of factors that must be studied. If she has hired an attorney ,consult him regarding the chances. You can also try for child support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: