An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fighting for sole custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kburton24

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: fighting for sole custody Reply with quote

I'm currently starting the process of getting sole custody of my 2 year old son. His "father", and I use that term loosely, has not been apart of his life for the past year. We have joint custody only because I was trying to give my son a father in his life. That back fired on me because now his "father" likes to use the fact we have joint custody against me. I am army reserve and I am trying to go active duty. Being that I have a custody agreement with a bag of *&%# I can not take my son with me unless I have his written consent. He has firmly expressed he will not do unless I take him of child support ($60.00 a month!) So I decided to fight. I need help paying for a lawyer so I am asking fellow moms to please provide me with advice on what I could do to obtain a lawyer at a cheap rate or free. Or share my link gofundme.com/kelsie-king
I tried applying for a legal aid, they said I would hear something in about three to five days its been a week. If any other mom has been through something similar please reach out. Thank you.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: fighting for sole custody Reply with quote

You can search for a divorce attorney online and discuss the matter with him. I am sure, considering all the evidences and the best interests of your child, the court will grant your justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: