An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having difficulty in school

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magdalynnsmom

State or Province: North Dakota

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Having difficulty in school Reply with quote

My 7 year old is in 1st grade. She is testing way above the benchmark for her grade. Her difficulty is in transitioning throughout the day. The class will be working on something, the teacher gives a 5 min warning to wrap it up and when the 5 mins is up my daughter refuses to switch gears to include screaming at her teacher and sometimes even her classmates. Or she will refuse to do the new work because she "already knows it".
Her teacher is having her call me from school to confess her crimes. However, I feel like punishing her at home is not really as effective as punishing her at school. Though I know the teachers don't have a lot of freedom when it comes to that. I have no idea how to combat this. She won't talk to me about her feelings so I have no idea whats causing this behavior.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
RitaOberlander

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to maker her more social by taking her to parks or organize play dates for her, I know she's a bit older for play dates but still it might help her and she might start sharing her problems with you, I would have suggested taking her to a preschool but she's already beyond that age, however there are certain preschools which have special programs for older kids to help them establish their personality and social skills, such as Huntington Full Day Preschool , where my kid goes, its affordable and has some really good programs for kids.For more information check out this link http://callingallkidstoo.com/.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: