An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed up with fathers rights activists
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fed up

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Fed up with fathers rights activists Reply with quote

Is anyone else out there fed up with the whinging fathers who complain about getting access to their children when they see them regularly. UK.
barbara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of mothers are fed up but here in the united states fathers are winning custody,because of a phoney condition called Parent Alienation. Am calling for mothers to unite against fathers rights organizations, and take their children back. The courts even go so far as to bar evidence against men. Must get the media's attention. We should be picketing court houses.
Needmykids

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The courts also believe the fathers lies. They also give fathers custody because Ive read that they make more money than the mothers.
Rightless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saddened by the lack of responses on this discussion topic. It appears that Fathers are getting away with abusing children and women, and still getting the right to see the child that was abused. How do we teach our kids, then, to stay away from bad people when we are taking them right to them (court ordered)? Furthermore, why is it the child always gets the last name of the Father? Don't women have the right to give their last name to their child especially when no child support has been given, and all emotional and financial support is on the custodial mother? We go through so much to have a child and I feel that our rights are being compromised every day in some court to men who never wanted the child in the first place. Can we do something about this?
IrishGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parent alienation is not a phoney condition
IrishGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about women abusing their children? What about women (and men do this too, just not as frequently) emotionally abusing their children to get back at or manipulate a situation? Statistically more women abuse their children and more children die at the hands of their mother than their father.
Gwen

State or Province: British Columbia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parental Aleination is not a phoney condition. I have been completely erased from my son's lives since I ended my marriage with my abusive X. They tell my daughter who refuses contact with their father for the past 3 months, that I am a liar, thief and a *&%#. There are no examples given of course, because they know it is not true. It is just what hey have been told by their father and his gf. My youngest son, when I asked him to talk to me about whatever he is so mad about said that he wanted me to forget he ever existed. My other son after I tried 3 times on phone to talk to him about his issues, said "ok Gwen, now I get he pleasure of blocking your number!" I really dont know what I have done to cause such horrible treatment from my son's. Who by the way were extremely close to me before thier father and I separated. X spent more time drinking beer with his friends than he even dreamed about spending with them.

Now they seem to view me as the enemy and are actively trying to help X gain custody of their sisters. I hear all the time about the girls right to spend time with their father and their brothers....never does anyone at his home acknowledge they have a right to be with me too. I do not deny X access to his daughters and he sees our youngest daughter frequently. My oldest daughter stopped going to see him last December. She says she doesnt like to hear about how I am a bad person, doesnt like it when her father tries to get her to help him to get what he wants (ie custody), and that her father and gf fight like my X and I used to. Scary thought eh?

I would say that I am a victim of PAS, and dont ever think that I dont acknowledge that there are mother's who do the same thing. Father's are more vindictive in doing it. It is his only way to continue to abuse his children's mother. To make her pay for not wanting him. To prove to himself that he is a better person than the children's mother is.

I could go on for days, but I think I made my point.
frustratedmom

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there are some bad men, plenty, but the dad's who want to be involved don't always get the chance because of a vindictive ex. Women can abuse the system getting false restraining orders, using police intervention unnecesarily etc. at the expense of the children. This behavior is something she unfortunately get's away with becuase the system has swung so far the other way. the kids pay for her behaviors. It's not fair & that's what the men are upset about. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it. I'm a custodial mother & get along with my ex by the way. I care about my kids too much. Some women are just bi-polar or otherwise unstable to act this way. It's unfair it's allowed.
meli_luv

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parent Alienation considered Phoney Condition? I do not know why you feel that way, obviously you have not been put in that situation, you should feel lucky...how would you feel if you call your daughter when she is with your ex and she refuses to talk to you, however, when your daughter is back with you she tells you that Mommy said not to talk to you! Wouldnt you consider that parent alienation?
Gretchen

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Parental Alienation Reply with quote

Yes, Parental Alienation is an action that both Mothers and Fathers can and do use. However the Phoney part about it is that more recently Fathers have been Exploiting it to to win their court case. I can say this confidently as I've spoken with numerous counselors, Law Guardians and groups claiming that this is a "new trend" if you will. More often than not lawyers in my area are telling fathers to site this on their petitions to obviously get the courts attention, however counselors for the most part have been able to spot the bogus claims a mile away.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can alienate a child from the other parent, it is the PAS(parental alienation as a syndrome) that is a bunch of cow manure!

Father's rights group are pathetic. I am not for either to have a right's group. I'm for children's rights and what is best for each one in every case. I get sick and tired of courts issuing standard schedules for each case rather than listen to the situation and what is best for the kids.
Aaron03Dylan06

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Parental Alienation Reply with quote

What's best for the children is to have a mother and father in their life however it isn't always that easy i am at the Texas Attorney Generals office atleast twice a month and have been for over a year now and there is atleast 85% more women there because "The Father" isn't paying the "Court Ordered" child support so i completely think that women need rights and groups because when it comes to going against these men who refuse to support their children but feel they deserve a father of the year award we need all the help we can get ,Further more i don't think the courts should order anyone Mother or Father who is the primary care taker of the children to allow the other visitation rights if they are not paying child support ... Call it whatever u want Parental Alienation or common sence to keep ur kids away from Morons who don't want to support them or be responsible for them My oldest is 3 1/2 his father was with him once at a hospital that was when he was born hasn't taken him to a doctor or a hospital sence then Guess who's taken care of all that Mommy !!!!
ksiegel

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: pal Reply with quote

I agree this is bs. In my case the 'father' who claims that I've alienated him does not attend any school functions, any extracurricular functions, has never taken her to the doctor or dentist, doesn't call on her birthday, rarely calls between the 2-3 visits every year. He doesn't support any of her private lessons, saves nothing for her college.

Then after 8 years of this, suddenly drags me into court, tries to get over 60 days of visits.
mom23kidz1

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightless wrote:
I'm saddened by the lack of responses on this discussion topic. It appears that Fathers are getting away with abusing children and women, and still getting the right to see the child that was abused. How do we teach our kids, then, to stay away from bad people when we are taking them right to them (court ordered)? Furthermore, why is it the child always gets the last name of the Father? Don't women have the right to give their last name to their child especially when no child support has been given, and all emotional and financial support is on the custodial mother? We go through so much to have a child and I feel that our rights are being compromised every day in some court to men who never wanted the child in the first place. Can we do something about this?

They changed my daughters last name and would not even listen to my plea!!!!!! She had just learned to write it no she is so confused she refuses to write anything but her first name (we were never married)
lenoralouise

State or Province: Arkansas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a long court battle a jury decided last week that my sister's only child should be taken from her and live with his father. if i had just heard about this story and not have been a part of it i would have naturally assumed something was wrong with the mother, but since i know better me and my whole family feel stricken. we don't know where to turn, so i am trying to reach help in every direction i can turn. first, i would like to point out that this child is scared of his father and even knowing this we felt that a relationship should still be encouraged perhaps through continued counseling. this was brought up in court along with a social workers testimony that the child was reclusive and talked of digging holes in the yard to escape while in the fathers care. in court the father admitted to hitting my sister, gambling problems, several job changes and several moves, leaving his son in the car and taking his son to his 'bookie' for good luck not to mention owing over $100,000 in child support on his other children. this was just the stuff that was proven i want even go into the stuff that my sister has told me. the texas courts awarded this man full custody. the child is to be taken from his mother after christmas. a stay at home mom who has never gone a full 24 hour period without him before the divorce. the child doesn't know we don't know how to tell him. he thinks it is just another visitation and he has been crying himself to sleep and making himself throw up just over that. i have found so many similiar stories from women online some much worse but none of them seem to have gotten any help. i will post these stories later along with what i can find out from others. i will end by saying that i do believe in fathers rights as long as other's rights are not over-looked. everyone should look to see who they are stomping on to get that step forward. email lenoralouise@comcast.net or myspace/mothersrights.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: