An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it Bad to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Is it Bad to Reply with quote

I know I'm not on the right board but this board gets the most hits.

Anyway my wife (who took our 5 1/2 year old son
out of state, and really does'nt care if I ever see him again.) Is still sleeping with him. I know he has his own room and bed. He was really
excited about having a room and bed of his own.
during one of our bi-monthly phone calls. I asked him how his new bed was. His response was " I haven't got to sleep in it not even once. The next time I talked with him all of a sudden he
was afraid to sleep in his room and bed (the power of suggestion is a powerful form of manipulation). Of course there's ways to break
his new found fear of sleeping alone. She doesn't
choose to. What I'm wondering are there any long term or permanant problems that could occur from
this?

Thanks,

The always wrong Dad.

SS
mamanot kidding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SS, the person ;you really need to talk to is a pediatrician, but from my point of view, there is nothing wrong with it up to a point. Your son is going through a separation anxiety and needs the closeness. Children can feel those things but are not equipped too deal with it as we adults do. There are 2 positive points to it. 1) He gets the closeness of a parent that he craves
2) There can be no one else in that bad other then his mother.
It is common for children of early school age to feel overwhelmed and alienated and it is common for children of his age to get depressed, stressed and scared of separation. So unless she is molesting your son, there is nothing to worry about. This will pass soon. One suggestion though to start braking him of it. She can start by moving him to hes own bad when he falls asleep ad this way he will learn to wakeup in hes bad and in his room.

Best of lock
AZMOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my son is 4 and has always slept in his own bed. his dad has started letting him sleep in bed with his girlfriends mother so be glad it's at least his own mom. He probably won't be forever scarred unless like the other person said she is molesting him but it is still a good idea to have kids sleep in their own beds. My son started pulling that "i'm scared i want to sleep with you" business and we found that if we addressed the fear i.e. spiders, bad men outside etc by telling him we would go check and make sure the coast was clear,,,he was fine going to sleep in his own bed. his dad however the *&%# that he is still lets him sleep with the wannabe grandmother whom i don't even know and there is nothing i can do about it. Hope you can talk some sense into her.

good luck
Stinger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is 5, she once shared a room, seperate beds with her half sister. Once my ex moved out with her, my daughter started sleeping in my room. In most societies, the family bed, is accepted. I dont see anyting wrong with it as long as you are sure the person is not doing anything inappropriate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: