An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lily_123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Need Advice Reply with quote

I am a 23 yr old mother of two daughters ages 2 and 6 in Texas. I want to leave my husband(he doesnt know yet) but when we have discussed it before he said he wanted joint custody so he doesnt have to pay child support (sorry a**) but I DO NOT want that plus he works a job where he is out of town every other seven days, I am afraid of what he'll do and what he can get I cannot loose my children to this man, they are my whole world!!!!! Please does anyone have any advice on what my first steps should be? Please Help! Thank You and god bless and good luck to all!
DebW97459

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would go to a lawyer for a consultation. They could tell you best what your first steps should be. Some lawyers charge nothing for the first consultation. I think I paid $45.00. I also became very informed about the laws in regards to family law in my state. I simply went to the library and read ever book about family law that they had. They were able to tell me what to expect. And also how judges decide who gets custody. I got custody for two reasons. Number 1: I have a son from a previous relationship. My state frowns on separating siblings. Number 2: I was primary care giver for 95% of my daugthers life. My daugther is now 3 and I have Soul Custody of her.

Good Luck!!!
Never give up fighting for your kids.
Lily_123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for your advice.
coppersgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you have joint custody he will still have to pay if you have residential custody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: