An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Beat Dads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cntrygal1965

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Dead Beat Dads Reply with quote

What can I do to get my county to go after the support my son deserves. I have done it all for them. Told them what times and where he would be. If he don't answer the door then they leave. Now he has moved to a different city. They say I make too much to get food stamps or medicaid. I'm a woeking mother who has sacraficed it all. The sad thing is they don't go by what you bring home but what you gross and don't consider rent, utilities or anything. What in North Carolina can I do. I heat with an electric heater because I can't pay the deposit for gas. I'm depressed and tired. I just sometimes feel like I should quit fighting this situation.
tigger21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there girl. I am going through the very same thing in Florida and not sure what I am going to do. I no longer have a car to get to and from work. After taxes I barely make enough to support myself let alone my son and I have been told I make to much for food stamps. My son's preschool cost the same as my rent. It has been two years since my son's father was ordered to pay support and I still do not get anything. We have to be strong for our babies. I found a way to heat my apt because I do not even have heat. Get a heating fan. It is just like a regular rotating fan but it puts out heat. That way you don't have to keep turning it off like you do a space heater. They work great. I found mine at Walmart.
wh1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger - if you are in Florida I can help you with your case because I know the system like the back of my hand. I spent eight years fighting with those people to work my case and finally got some money. I would love to help you. Cntrygal-I don't know much about North Carolina but why are they going to his door? To arrest him?
Motherof3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a mother of 3 small children. My husband and I seperated back in 2004. He left me and moved to GA. Then about a few months ago he moved to Californina. He has not sent any child support since 2004 and I dont know where he is hiding at in CA. I tried to get him to pay child support through floida child support enforcement. I need some help in what to do.
bbygrl2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. My husband is backed up on some of his payments. After mailing him a list of what he owes me(certified mail of course), I have now decided to file a contempt charge in court. When the judge gives me notice of contempt, I will ask when I can receive such notice. Then, when it is ready, I will go down to the court clerk's office and get a certified copy. At that point I am going to take that paper (better known as proof of debt) to the city hall where he owns property. And, where I live, it costs $5.00 to put a lien on property (cars, trucks, houses, etc.). And, if your ex doesn't own property, ask the Judge if they will allow you to tag their Social Security Number (hopefully you have this). Then, you go to your local Social Security Office and hand them the paperwork. This means if they ever get a job, State or Federal Tax refunds, or even a settlement from a lawsuit of any kind, your money gets taken out and sent to you before he gets his money.
Drea215

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in michigan and understand what all of you are going through. My Daughter's dad hasn't paid a dime of the support ordered and she is almost 12 years old. He is currently behind about $32,000 and the friend of the court told me that because I work that I am not a priority to them. They are helping those on assistance first since their support goes back to the state. I work 60 hours a week and can barely make enough to feed me and my kids let alone pay the consumers bill. I am making it but the child support system sure don't make it easy for working women just trying to take care of their kids do they????
myzima2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi I live in charleston sc. and i am to having a hard time with getting my child support my ex husband owes me over 3,000 dollars plus he is suppose to be getting his wages garnish and is now a month behind on his payments. I would like to start some kind of advocacy group to try to get the laws changed in regaurds to fathers who do not pay child support but do not know all the legal ins and outs. i know my ex husband went to jail for three months and he was suppose to be on work release, but his boss bailed him out and now that he has been late paying me more than once the courts are not doing anything about and i have to take my time going up there to complain about not getting my child support so if there is anyone out there who may want to help me get something started like an advocacy group please contact me because us single mothers need to stick together and help each other because no one else will you can contact me at myzima2000@yahoo.com
Dawn-IL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your local child support office is not doing their job file a greivance against them. You can also contact your State Child Support Agency or the State and Federal Offices of Child Support Enforcement. Be involved in your child support case, supply information about the NCP. Document everything, save everything pertaining to your case. It is a State and Federal law that the NCP pays their child support. Go to this site to find out your state profile on child support enforcement;
http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/selectastate.cfm?CFID=396996&CFTOKEN=94372911&CFSPS=SPS
Know the law - know the statues in your state.
myzima2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will have to check out the statues but in my county they wont do anything no matter how many times i go up there and talk to them what is sad is the child support division knows me so well but they said their hands are tied i have not tried to locate any other acgency because i do not know where to go in the state and some of these other child support place my ex has to be some many months behind but what i am tired of is he can pay when ever he feels like it and the courts dont care it can be one month or two before i get any money and the back support i am on dss support but i wont get his tax return because he owes the government so much money and they will get their money before i get mine i am just tired of the system i have to stuggle to support my son and he gets off paying what ever he wants when ever he wants and i am just tired of it
gemini

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a new idea.....GET A BETTER JOB!!!! Rolling Eyes

I am so sick of women acting helpless and wanting to keep their kids. Listen, if you can't afford them, give them to their father. DUH??????

I have a child. I take care of said child on my own, without the help of the child's father. It really is just a matter of bettering yourself, and if you can't do that, then you shouldn't have the responsibility of caring for children. You obviously cannot even take care of yourself.

It really is annoying to see a bunch of women whining about not having money while they type away on a message board. Find a more constructive outlet.
ckaleel

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Dead beat dad's Reply with quote

Gemin,
Wow some what harsh there. This board is to help each other out,to share our stories ,and get any help we can.
Get a better Job you say,sometimes that is not so easy for some who are working like crazy to make ends meet,like not having funding to go back to school for that better job.To go back to school full time,then who would support the children then,so we could get a better job.
Whining about money you say, well you are way off there!
It is the right of every child to have both parents support there children!!! When you walk away from that,then it is the other parent that must do what is right for there child,the right to food, shelter,clothing and so on. If it takes two to make that child, then two should support the child.
Oh, by the way, Im not a woman but a man on this site here and if you choose to, go and read my post about the dead beat mom who was arrested for non- payment of child support. I'm one of the good guys and if you read my post and the posts that followed it you will see why I have my children,and why I feel every parent owe's there child support.
Sun-n-Moon2

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: wh1234...I need help with Florida guidelines Reply with quote

I am currently in the middle of a divorce. I have an 18 month old and 6 month old and have received nothing in the way of support from my husband. He left three days after I got home from the hospital with our six month old daughter. So it has been six months of healing from c-section, no job, no car, and no support from him. I have an attorney but it's taking forever and I'm not getting anywhere with cse since there is a divorce pending. Any advise?????
momwkids

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so can we all get along. I understand that you say that a women shouldn't complain about money and they should get a better job but not everyone lives in a perfect world. Some people only have no one and nothing to turn to. Yes that is sad but true. I do believe that the absent parent should pay support regardless if they are in the child's life or not. They helped make the person, therefor they must help. I for instance have not received a dime in over five years and chances are I won't receive anything for another five years too! But the money is not mine, it is my son's money. His money for clothes, haircuts, shoes, school supplies, lunch money... must I go on! Anyway my point is that the money is for the CHILD!
artemis814pa

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemini, why are you even here? Who are you to judge anyone. This is my first time on and I was enjoying the fact that women were sharing their stories and receiving advice. Get a better job, that's your advice. lol You're so wise, why haven't you solved world hunger yet? "Grow your own food" should be your next statement to the homeless. You're useless. Goodbye.
~Leo~ Laughing
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my feelings are if these dumb *&%# fathers would support their children then we would have nothing to complain about you know we did not get pregant alone and we should not have to support are kids by ourselfs i have to live with my mom right now and one day i hope i can get a place of my own. it is hard to get a good job when you are by yourself taking care of your child jobs dont care if you have to leave to go pick up a sick child and if you leave to many times you loose your job you know gem i am glad that you feel the need to do it by yourself but i am not willing to let my ex off the hook that easy i really feel for those women doing it by them selves it is hard out there trying to be mom and dad and then the ex's dont pay but sweep in like they are some kind of hero please. now i do thank those fathers that do there part and have active roles in their kids lives but for the rest they should be made to be striped of their man hood we dont need any more children in the world who are homeless and not taken care of like they should. i know i give up all of my money so my son can have they things he needs us women need to stand together for our children
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: