An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad Behavior

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Parenting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c_cwright

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Bad Behavior Reply with quote

My son is three and goes to a really nice preschool in my area. He has been at this school for close to a year now. His father and I are not together however he sees his dad almost every weekend and when he does not he sees his father during the week to make up for it. About a month ago our son started really acting up in school. Hitting, biting, kicking. It has progressively gotten worse. He has been saying swear words that he does not hear from either his father or me. He spit water on a teacher and kicked her when she tried to put him in time out. The worst thing is that he urinated on another student and then the next day in a cup. He never acts like this at home or when he is with his dad. Nothing more than the occasional temper tantrum or whining that is normal in a three year old. I am at a loss as to what to do. I have completely removed any and all toys from his room. He only has his puzzles and books now. When he decided to keep saying bad words I put a little taste of soap on the tip of his tongue. I have made him go to bed early and swatted him on his butt. He refuses to go to sleep now. It has become a consant struggle. Any suggestion on what could be causing this or how I can help my baby get through this. It is killing me. There has not been a change of any at home or at school. PLEASE PLEASE give me some advice.
JanetM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what could be causing the bad behavior, but I had a similar cursing problem with my son when he was 3. Where he heard the curses I have no idea.
Anyway, the one thing that seemed to work was, as soon as he cursed we would just pick him up and put him in timeout -- no warning, no threats -- just walked straight over to him and put him in timeout. This seemed to help. Three is a tough age. Threats like taking away tv don't really sink in yet. My son is seven and has not cursed in years. Not in front of us anyway Very Happy .
Ajanae85

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hanged up the phone on him and I want to apologize and show him I'm sorry but I don't want to be obvious, I know that was my fault what should I tell him ?
Btw we are apart 10000miles and he loves me a lot WinkI do too , I'm the one is always angry and starts the fight , now I don't want to tell him I'm sorry or forgive me directly, I just want be normal and say it wa OUR fault not me . But I know was my fault and I should not tell him dirty words ......
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you posted this in here, but if you don't say your sorry for a mistake and take responsibility for your actions... then why would you expect your child to do the same for you.

If you hung up on your child, apologise for it... it is your fault, and you are suppose to be the grown up here... if you are the one that is getting angry cause you are 10000 miles from your child... suck it up buttercup and get some counselling and deal with what your situation is.

Your child isn't there to comfort you, you are the one that should be comforting him.

If you caused the argument, and you hung up, call him back and tell him how sorry you are, and that you seem to get angry... and you will try to go to a counsellor to work through your anger...

the child on the other hand, will never feel the need to apologise to you if you don't lead by example... not to mention, at some point, a child will get to the age where he or she can decide what they want... regardless of his age... it could be anywhere between 12 and 15... so you may not be talking to your chld long if you don't start doing things correctly. why would your child want to continue to speak to you if that is how you act.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Parenting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: