An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergency questions about custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katie5295

State or Province: West Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Emergency questions about custody Reply with quote

I am going to shorten this as much as possible.

Monday Nov 14, I found out my significant other (8 years) was cheating. We were back and fourth a lot after that, I was trying to work things out he was constantly at I don't know. I decided to spend thanksgiving week with my family. We talked everyday since Sunday, He gave me a bunch of crao...fast forward to Wednesday evening found out he had this girl over everyday since I came down here. Now she's living in out rental house up there, he is with her. This is all in West Virginia. He is literally the only person I have up there. My whole family lives in Virginia. I have no one and nothing to go back to up there now. I know from my research that wherever the child lived for the past 6 months is the home state and that is where custody has to be filed. The kids and I are in VA still with family. My question is, is there anyway around this rule? If I have to file in WV will they allow us to start in VA and everything. The laws seem strict but I can find nothing on my unique situation. We were never married. I'm panicking. He is losing our house as I texted our landlord, he has not stable income so he can not offer stability for our kids at this point in his life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: