An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lawyer error cause for custody loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gime3steps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: lawyer error cause for custody loss Reply with quote

My attorney informed me he would be out of town on the court date & was on his way to file continuance papers. I would receive a new court date for (ex-boyfriends) attempt for custody of my 5 year-old daughter.Suprise, custody hearing was held without the ONLY parent she has ever had. A week later ex arrived at her school, took her from me, & now (6 days later) I discover she was removed from her school: I dont know where.Her birth father, for the 1st time in 5 yrs. is employed & I'm a teacher in a contract dispute. Support of $58/wk just began last yr..He always said that he would take her from me, if I ever went to child support services, & I'm absolutely ... I don't know, I guess I'm still in shock. I'm broke, waiting on income tax refund & to be released from teaching contract so I can began teachin & supporting my child again. I am 43 single (He recently wed) & this is my only child. I can't take this. Please, please some one give me some advice.
slbennett1025@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gime3steps. Join the misery club. Please give your email address. I'm in a similar circumstance. I have 2 daughters. I am 43 years old and my ex and I have been divorced for over 10 years. I just went to court Tuesday before Thanksgiving. My ex didn't show up. He now has to pay me child support but I didn't get any more modified time with my girls. He too has been remarried and they have a child and she had a son before all this. I feel like I'm an experiment caught up in a maze of nightmare after nightmare.
My ex threatened when we were married that if I left he would take the children from me and it actually happened. I couldn't understand it, when all I've tried to be is a good mom, a law abiding citizen etc. I did not lose custody due to drugs/alcohol/danger/harm etc. Just that I didn't have mucho grande money or power to fight a corrupt system. I hope your in a "momma's" state. If your not, then you will be another log posted as the rest of us are. Didn't your attorney advise the judge so they could reschedule your hearing????
Barb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gime3steps
No recent postings from you, we all hope every thing turned out good for you and your daughter.
Wondering what state you are in, as, I for one like to keep track of the states that are pulling this bull.
We need to start giving in to a fund so we can hire lawyers for mothers rights. We have a whole generation of depressed, traumatized children coming forward to run this country???
Fathers righters and judges are saying that just because a mother carries a child and gives birth it gives her no special rights to her own child, I wonder if this would be happening if men gave birth?
Lets say that a women gets pregnant and it's nothing but a one night stand (please don't judge the mom as no one judges the man). Now lets say they never see each other again and the mom never tell's the man she is pregnant. Now the courts say that the mom has no more special connection to the child then the father does, I wonder if after giving birth the women has no idea that a child has been born to her, now I wonder if that father who does not know that this child has been born, has all of a sudden bonded to this child that he does'nt even exist's. This is the logic of the family court system's Fathers must have custody, but fathers are not raising these children, it's their mothers, girlfriends, or new wifes. Perfect strangers now have custody of your children. I see no common sense in this kind of thinking, so I must say there must be one hell of a BIG money trail.
Moms with out custody, start badgering your state gov. and your federal reps. The federal senators will tell you that it is a state issue,it is not. Federal money is supporting these father rights groups.

Barb
Wisconsin
meandmyattitude1@yahoo.com
sarahg321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my solisitor helped me get a emergency injunction on my ex in the space of 3 weeks he kicked my door in 2 times hitting me each time then beat me up in the street while holding my 2 year old in his arms and my 1 year old in the buggy watching, my 2 year old was hysterical.

when it came to the court day where he could contest it he filed a contact order my solisitor said to agree to something now or the judge would decide.

i said 3 hours supervised but i wanted it in writing i wasnt happy with it.

Caff cass got involved and said because there was a pending court case he would have said no contact if i had said no contact and also said he dosnt agree with domestic violence.

in court the caff cass said he meant it all a different way and said my ex should see kids more and unsupervised.

now i have to catch 4 busues to get from my house to my mums amd back home because he gets 6 hour fortnightly and i dont want him knowing where i live, and the court wont agree on a contact centre closer to me because it isnt open all the time (like thats my fault).

we are in court in feb to see how contact is going and i know he going to complain.

the only good thing is to start with judge gave me a full 6 month injunction on him with power of arrest with everything and when that ran out i got a nother injunction without power of arrest i know they arnt going to keep giving them but for the time being i feel safe.
poohbear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was took from me and given to his father they told me it was because I had a pitbull puppy and my mother-in-law & her 3 grandkids live with me .He wasn,t took because Iwas abad mother and I feel my lawyer didn,t do his part and Ilost my son please some one help me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: