An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanting to set up a support group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Wanting to set up a support group Reply with quote

I am interested in setting up a support group for all single parents. I also would like to have as many single mothers of all backgrounds to help me set this up my whole idea is to have single parents who have been through similer situatitation and help other single parents with advice. I would like to get one good laywor that we could trust to obtain legal advice and i would like to try to change the way the courts view child support and custody and help mothers get the custody back they derseve and help all the women who have trouble getting thier child support i know i am tired of the system but i cannot change it by myself if there is any one in south carolina that is interested please contact me at myzima2000@yahoo.com or if any one has anthing to ad we have to stick together and fight or else nothing will ever change
Julie

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myzima2000, you have a heart of gold!!! let me suggest a way to locate others in your area. I have ads running in my local newspapers seeking other ncm's. I have them running in the Support Group Section and they don't cost anything.

I am a member of NANCM and this is how they read:

Are you a non-custodial mom?
You are not alone.
Visit www.nancm.com and
email local chapter leader at
nancmalchapter@yahoo.com

You should try all of your local papers and see if any of your relatives in other area will run the ads too. I would not give out my personal email address so we made one especially for this ad. You might want to create a new email address for this too. Hope this helps you in some way.

Please let me know what i can do to help you. You can email me at sunnydays1776@aol.com
myzima2000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i will try that yea i think it is time that us single moms do for ourselves because no body else will do anything and nobody else knows what we are going through except for the people who go through what we go through so i thought it would be nice for us to band together so if you run into anyone on here from south carolina direct them to this topic thanks again
Julie

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 million mothers without custody of their children!!! We have to seek them out and support each other. Alot are ashamed because of what they think other people think about them and that they must be horrible mothers to not have custody of their children. We have a corrupt justice system and we must change it. Let me know if I can help you any from Alabama. You are in my prayers.
myzima2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks right now i am just doing some researching online i will send you something through email that i have typed up but if you know any resources or people that might want to help please send them my way because i cant do this alone and the more people i have involved the more help i will get i would like this to be come a nation wide project i know there are women that are injustly done wrong and they just might not know how to deal with it i know how hard it is out there talk to you later
smkilburn

State or Province: Kentucky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: LAWYERS Reply with quote

THERE IS AN ORGANIZATION I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH AND IT IS A PREPAID ORGANIZATION AND THE ADDRESS IS:
www.worlwidelegalnetwork.com I have been trying to get legal advise and they have been very good about responding if this address does not work I have the paralegal who helps me and her name is Debrah Close and she is with this company. Unlimited phonecalls and e-mails THAT IS AMAZING TO ME!! I had to come up with a $1500 retainer fee and now my attorney will not even return any of my phonecalls and did not even show up for my appeal. I am fed up and want to do something about it. I have known drug dealers who have more rights than we do. I did mess up but I am a christian now and believe my child will come home to me one day and I can not wait. I talk to my daughter everyday and she counts down the days until she comes to see mommy, she told me her daddy told her she can not pray, I am sorry for what I did and do have to test every three months for a year with no chance of getting her back. I was told to hire a private detective to catch him drinking and driving but can not afford to come up with the money. I feel stuck.
myzima2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks for the website but it did not work. as far as the PI i would be careful with that unless you know they can catch him i had hired two PI's and they were a waste of my time and money they did me know good my support group i want to start i am going to try to keep the cost down and i am going to try to get some government funding to help with the cost so if you know anyone in the SC area who would like to help please let me know and good luck to you
myzima2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ladies my non profit is on the way my only problem is finding funding to fund my project my non profit is called family rights advocacy so if any one is interested in helping with my cause please let me know when i get funding my partener and i will be hiring single parents to help us with advice on child support and custody and we will help by going after child support and custody so the rightful parent gets full custody. our website is familyrightsadvocacy.com please check it out let me know what you think i really want to change the family court laws because they are not doing their job innocent parents are loosing their children and their are alot of us struggling to support our children you can contact me at myzima2000@yahoo.com. if there is any single mothers in charleston south carolina or in maryland please let us know and we can get this thing going eventually i want to go nationwide to set up chapters in every state so every single parent will have a place to go where people understand their needs my biggest concern is getting funding to fund this so that you the single parent will not have to fork out a lot of money to get a good lawyor to help you go to court. this is something i believe in but i do need help so check out the website and get back to me the website is www.familyrightsadvocacy.com thank you guys and god bless
indigoblue

State or Province: New Brunswick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: support group sounds great... Reply with quote

myzima2000;

Looks as though we all need as much support as we can get..gotta stick together. Gotta try to help each other....seems we have all been dealt rotten hands. Let me know if and when this is set up since I haven't been on the site for awhile..i would be very interested in being part of this..take care.

indigo
myzima2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey indgo thanks for your interest bascilly how i want the non profit is set up my only problem is that i dont have any funding to get things in motion i have about three or four division i want to set up and they are child support, child custody, abuse for children and spouse pervention and having classes for parents to learn to co parent together i also want to get in touch with some lawyors so i can have them on retainer for our clients to be able to seek legal advice and not have to wait but i need funding because i want this to be where our clients dont have to pay out alot of money for our services. so if you know of any way we can strike up some start up money because i need to get my 501 c 3 status so i can be able to set up a donation type thing for people let me know you can email me at myzima2000@yahoo.com and you can check out my website familyrightsadvocacy.com and let me know what you think and what needs to be added i need all the help i can get right now in getting this thing going the only thing that is keeping me from going any further is funding so let me know check out the site and thanks for your interested oh and it is funny because i have all ready had like two to three people contact me for help so as soon as i can get this going the better

have a great day
indigoblue

State or Province: New Brunswick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: support group Reply with quote

myzima2000;

I am in canada..not sure how much I can do from here...as far as donations go..how are you going to set that up..paypal on the site or something because that I could maybe help with as far as making some sort of donation..I don't have a lot of money but it is for such a good cause..i know how expensive lawyers can be..still owe a 2000 bill from about three years ago because my ex decided to take me back to court AGAIN to try to get full custody which thankfully he didn't..i still retain my joint custody and the judge just basically laughed him out of the courtroom. He had to prove that I was unfit and he couldn't. The fact still remains, however, that it is very expensive and makes it near impossible for some mothers to even try to defend themselves or their children because the fathers always seem to be the ones who have the money to pay for the high-priced lawyers, etc. Let me know in more detail, if you can..what I can do to help and I will do my best to give you all the help i can. I think it's a great idea and I would love to be part of it...to help in any way i can. take care.

indigo
myzima2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks basiclly i need help in getting govement grants what i really need is some start up money so i can get my 5013c status for tax exemptions but it is 500 or so dollars and i am not sure where to go and apply i am trying to do everything very legal and secure once i get my tax exemption status then i can set up for donations and yea i am going to do a pay pal account on my website yea i want to be able to pay for most of the cost i am going to have a membership fee of 50 dollars a year so people feel like they are contributing but yea i want to help those single parents that are getting the shaft and help thier children and help parents learn to co exist for their children even though they hate eachother i seen what it did to my son and i have learned alot going through my divorce and separation and having to jump through hoops from the courts and everything i just want to make a difference and have an organization that is going to do something and help people so if you have any ideas send them to me talk to you soon
sing_anyway

State or Province: Minnesota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: moms rights Reply with quote

I am with you we need to stick together. I just sat and listened to an expert who believes that is the strongest tool we have, and I thought, are there that many to band together?
then I looked here and saw the numbers...
my God
I started a posting called protective moms you are not alone.
Moms need a platform, a name, and a mission.
orginization has to start somewhere, and with everyone starting a separate posting, we are all here but missing so much!
I hope to access some proffesionals as well, and untill I do, I am looking at the sights for "fathers rights"
and reading the free legal advice they are getting. I figure they spent the money putting the sites together, I am going to use what they know. I hope one of our little postings here get the attention of enough moms to bring everyone together, to inform and support.
God bless you!
sing_anyway

State or Province: Minnesota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: nonprofit groups Reply with quote

I am in Missouri, we have the MCADSV
Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence,
I am a member, and they can't figure out why women are not contacting womens shelters,groups, advocacy and things, because this is one of the things they are trying to help with, it is under the heading of woman's rights.In your local areas I would suggest looking into these programs, with luck they can refer you in the right direction, or be the start of local support groups. There is a name for mom's in this situatuion, it's called Protective Moms. Although some like to try and call them crazy or dramatic, we know better. Please do not think that if you are not in physical danger that there is no help for you . if your area isn't prepared for women with this issue, then you will be the start. band together protective moms!!!
hardis

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support groups can only recruit people who agree to be members. When you set up a support group you are starting a new organisation from scratch. Here are some of the things you should try to do:

Develop a clear and shared purpose among the group members.
Nominate people to coordinate activities of the group.
Develop a realistic programme of action for the group.
Evaluate the program regularly to make sure you are still on the right track.
Have between three and twenty members.
Hold meetings at accessible and user-friendly venues.
Keep an up-to-date database of membership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: