An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COPPERTEN

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I LIVE IN WEST TEXAS AND IM HAVEING TO TAKE EX TO COURT HE CALLED ME AND SAID THAT HE WOULD BE BATTER OFF JUST TO SIGN OVER HIS RIGHT BUT I WAS WOUNDERING WOULD THE COURT LET HIM DO THIS.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the courts would allow him to sign over his rights as long as he is the one doing it now they may question it if you decide to fight it but other than that they may ask him if that is what he really wants to do because once he signs over his rights that is the end he will not have any rights to your child and i would not fight it unless he is going to help you support the child i could only hope for my ex to sign his rights over because he has supervise visitation and wont pay child support but i would not worry to much i am sure things will be fine
KatherineI

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it a blessing if he signs over his rights.

You will have the opportunity to have a life with your child (without this person in your life or your child's life)...it may be a blessing for you and your son/daughter, but I still think it is important to have a father figure around.

All the best,

KI
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not care to much if he did or did not sign over his rights but he is hurting our child because he does not call he does not do his visitation and that right there is enough to make me want him to sign over his rights but that wont happen unless he does it because i am done spending money to get things done but it kills me because camren my son wants to see his dad and his dad does not want anything to do with lucky for me i am involved with someone who does want to spend time with my son and i am hoping that he will fill the void in my sons life i know it wont be the same but it is the best i can do right now.
MaryJane

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Florida, they can relenquish their rights but they MUST pay child support regardless. Don't know if that was your concern, but good luck...
smadmin
Site Admin

State or Province: SM Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Info on Florida State Statutes Reply with quote

Here is a link to Florida State Statutes

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm

Here is a link to Texas State Statutes

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/fatoc.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: