An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Mothers Rights Groups!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meli's mom

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Need Mothers Rights Groups!! Reply with quote

i keep hearing all this about fathers rights groups.
Where are the Mothers rights groups.
i really believe some need to be formed. For the sake of our children.
i know how these mothers feel my ex boyfriend whom has not had contact with my daughter since she was 2 months old (She will soon be 4 years old) has filed for custody. & It's really looking like the courts are going his way. i litterly feel like i am having my child ripped away from me. i believe us mothers need to stand up against this cruel opression and fight for our rights, if not for ourselves then for our children!!

Meli's mom Exclamation [/i][/b]
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for starting something for single parents i know i have been fortunate that my ex husband is stupid and i still have custody of my son but i have had trouble with getting child support for my son so i am ready to start something up let me know if any one is interested
amysangels2

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do anything I can to help... Lets do this. I will start research tonight and we will get this moving.
myzima2000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey amy i am so glad that you posted i really want to get something going my idea is to try to get a couple of single mothers who have been through the mess of the system and start there and help other women who are going through what we have all ready went through kind of like the do and donts of divorce and what works and what does not work. i would like to have someone be able to watch our children so that no one has to pay for daycare they can bring their children with them and for the clients too so they dont have to get babysitters but we need to do something for ourselves i dont know if i should contact the courts because i would like to advacte to be able to go after these dads that dont pay child support because my feeling is i need the money now not 20 years from now when my son is grown. i just dont know how to get it started and of course i cant do it bymyself i would also like to contact one lawyor that is trust worthy because there are a few out there that can help us on legal issues let me know what you think i have program to get a website started i just have to figure out how to use it i have been having trouble coming up with a name so if you think of anything let me know feel free to email me any time at myzima2000@yahoo.com. or if you want to bounce some ideas off of me
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in Father's rights or Mother's rights. I believe in children's rights! And because of that sometimes I favor mom's over father's when it comes to the kids. However, every situation is different. I have seen father's who deserve to have custody of their kids and mom's who should have their kids. I just wish courts would consider each individual case on it's own without all this standard bull!
myzima2000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly right but unfortunately the children need people to advocate for them and that is the parents job i dont want anything bad to happen to the children but mothers and fathers use their children as pawn to get what they want most fathers want custody just because they dont want to support their children does not mean they are the better parent and i agree the courts dont know everyone situation that is why i want to start a group to hopefully go in because as single parents we have a unique insight to some of the situation because we have been there ourselves we have children so we know what they may feel i would give anything to have my ex involve in my childs life but that wont be possible because he loves doing drugs more than his son and that is something i cant change but if i can help women and men figure out what they need to do what is best for their children then i feel i have done what i can to help i feel that this is something needed for our children people say divorce does not affect them but i beg to differ on the notion
EmilysDad

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: mothersrights Reply with quote

You ladies already have a mother's rights group , it is call the judicial system. I don't mean to offend anyone but I have seen firsthand how the courts favor the mom. I went to court last year for divorce and the first thing the judge said was"99 % of the time the child is going home with mother". I was heartbroken. Granted , all women are not as bad as my ex, but I had a heck of a time getting custody because I went by the book.I was arrested for sexual abuse to my daughter. Outcome-charges dropped. My two sons were arrested for sexual abuse. Outcome- charges dropped. DFACS investigated me four times. All accusations came back unfounded.After losing everything I had, including the house my sons grew up in which was owned before meeting the ex, and leaving me broke, i finally won custody. Cost me over 52000 dollars. Cost to ex was 547 dollars. Yeah, the system is all for the dad isn't it? oh, the ex got a slap on the hand and was told "to be careful of the accusations that you make".
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is bias towards men in some courtrooms.

There are FAR more womens rights groups then mens groups. Like the ones that offer legal service to women who claim they are abused, however I know of 2 women that grossly abused this, all in order to spite the father.

I do not know of 1 group that helps fathers in domestic violence situations but we all know these cases exist.

Luckily in both cases, the judge eventually scolded the mothers in their attempts to alienate the dad and the fathers won their most recent cases. Funds exhausted though since the mothers had their bogus legal filings paid for by womens groups by lying.

I will NEVER make a donation to either of the womens groups involved in the previous cases, since no verification is done to endure the women are telling the truth.
sarahg321

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so has anyone come up with any ideas them?
Oliviasmom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should not be any womens rights groups or mens rights groups, there should be groups representing parents of either sex who have been screwed by the system. If they need their child protected, regardless of the sex of the parent, this group should help them.
sarahg321

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the 'fathers rights' groups that started the divided sexes, and if the goverment wasnt constantly bombarded with low lifes from 'fathers right campaign' bombarding national lottery and climbing walls throwing flower bombs on people we wouldnt have to go as far as getting our heads together and organising a mothers rights group.The mothers rights group would be fighting against the goverment as we wouldnt lower ourselfs by getting involved with the 'fathers rights' campaign and would do things LEGALLY.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there should not be a mothers or fathers group - in a perfect world. It should always be what is best for the child. BUT, this is not a perfect world and mothers need a place to communicate with other mothers who are fighting to give their childred the best up-bringing possible. The best case is to work together for the child interest, but let's face it -- a lot of fathers only have their own interests in mind, and now the courts have gone way too far granting fathers their "rights".

We need a place to comunicate and allow mothers to help mothers.
Oliviasmom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I don't agree that the court system has gone too far as fathers rights are concerned. I think many courts arte ditching the old fashioned, biased rulings that have been made against fathers in the past.

There is still this feeling among alot of women that mothers are the superior parent, and that is just not the case much of the time.

Years ago a mother could get up and move wherever she wanted with the kids. Now that is not the case, rightfully so.

The father did help create this child, and there is nothing set in stone that mothers get more rights. I know of a few fathers that rightfully deserved full custody and got it. There are many dead beat mothers out there too.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am in Dallas COunty, Texas and "father's rights" has definately been influenced in our court system. I went to trial with my sons father 4 years ago and it was incredible how more "parents rights" they have become rather than what is best for the child.

It makes me sick.

As far as a place for Mother's rights this is about as good as any, lol! I have a blended site I'd love for you all to join, it is in my tag line I believe.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said the courts have gone "too far" it seems from my experence and other mothers I have talked to, that in a lot of cases the courts award the father visitation base on his "rights". Many times the father has not been around or has not done anything to be a parent and can still get his standard visitation -- every other weekend and one day durning the week.
I know many fathers are good parents and there are many mothers that may not be the best. But what I see is that the courts seem to be looking at the fathers "rights" more then what role he has or intends play in the child's live.

Just one persons experence..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: