An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Mothers Rights Groups!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am in the process of starting a non profit to help the children and the parents my non profit is called family rights advocacy my web page is www.familyrightsadvocacy.com my only problem is i need to get funding we are going to help try to change the laws of the family court to gear more toward what is right for the child and we are also going after the child support and back support because that is what helps take care of our children i also want to implement co parenting classes so divorce parents can learn to get along and not use their children i need support in this if any one knows how to get some funding please let me know that is the only thing i am lacking i want to go nationwide and set up a chapter in every state and when i get funding i will be hiring single parents to help with advice who have been through the courts to help others who are starting divorce or going through similar issues to guide them through the process also when i get funding i want to hire a legal team that will be there to help our clients and i want to do this so our clients will have to pay little out of the pocket because i know legal service is expensive and legal aid does not have time to help. so please i need help getting this started i have laid the ground work please visit the website it is still a work in progress but basiclly you will be able to see what i am trying to do eventally i want to lobby in congress to change these stupid family laws because they are not geared to help children but the who ever parent is more influenced on the judge
Joannieh

State or Province: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: It's not Father's Rights Goups, It's Dead bead Dads groups Reply with quote

I lost custody to my sons father after a long battle. My son was druged, told I didn't want him, and forced to live with his dad. It only took them a couple months to convice my son that I had beaten him on a regular basis. Fortunately, my son is old enough now to start realizing what was happening. The so called "Fathers Rights" groups typically only make their resources available to fathers who are protesting the payment of child support and have a history of abuse. I have heard more complaints against these groups from fathers that I have from women. The Sad fact is that many women have blinders on and will defend their men to the death. This is evidenced in abused women who refuse to testify against the abuser. The city of Auror Colorado knows this is an easy way to get rid of abuse cases. They just file against the women and know the men will testify that they were hit by the woman. Aurora will file agains the women even if they only have proof that she defended herself.

My most important issue is the welfare of the children in this atmosphere that is migrating to the "Religous Right". Don't get me wrong. I'm religous and believe everyone benefits. The "Religous Right" that I'm talking about are the bible thumpers who preach women to be subordinate to men in all cases and Fathers are the MASTERS of their homes. In my opinion these issues are to be left in the home and not in the court. Women should not need to be beaten or disrespected even if they do believe that the man is the head of the household. After all, I'm old fashioned in that way. But if he hits me or disrespects.... He'd better make sure the cast iron skillet is in the safe. As one father told me. "Men don't disrespect the women in their lives, and they sure don't abuse them." Now, that's a real man.

I am in the process of building a web site to report criminal acts commited in the courts. Anyone wanting more information can email me at JusticeforColoradoKids@comcast.net. Right now my biggest obsticle is financing. It's only going to cost me less than a couple hundred dollars since I can build the site myself. The cost is for the hosting of the website. I hope to have it together in the next couple weeks.

I will not be limiting the site to Colorado issues. This degrigation of family rights is spreading across the country.

I will be including a history of womens rights and parenting rights on the site. It amazes me that people think that women have "always" had primary parental rights in the courts. We only received equal rights to children and property in divorce in 1971. US Supreme court ruling "Green vs. Green". Would love to find out how many on this site didn't know that.

I will be welcoming any input on the site.

Please be clear. While the greatest threat we as parents have at this time is the "Fathers Rights" and "Religous Rights" legislation, this site is for the publication of criminal acts of the courts and those appointed by the courts. These acts will continue unless the criminal activity is made public.

A short example of actual acts:

Judge allowed a report from family evaluator Wendell Osorno in the record after testimony that he had not interviewed persons whom he stated in his report that he had reported. Crimes, fraud, filing false documents, threatening of witnesses. (the judge threatened the witness on the stand for even discussing the fact that she had not been interviewed by the evaluator) (evaluators response, "well, I know I interviewed someone")

Children drugged and brainwashed.

Children removed from the custody of the parent they have lived with ALL of thier lives based on unsubstantiated and unproven alligations of the Guardians ad Litem.

I hope to hear from as many people as possible. Even if you don't know what to say or how to say it. Just email me. Sometime talking to someone who has been through the process can help.

JusticeforColoradoKids@comcast.net
myzima2000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i agree with you i have been through similar situation when i went through my divorce but fortunately for me it worked out i am going to email you because maybe we can team up together you seem to be on the lines that i want to do with my non profit i am think of doing different divisons i want to give my clients all the resource and help they need kind of like a one stop shop
Diane

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Fathers Rights Reply with quote

I am a single mum of 3. My Ex husband is taking me to court next week wanting custody of the 2 younger girls. I had to suffer years of domestic violence along with my son. The courts have done a complete u turn regarding mothers regardless of what they have to put up with and they do not take the wishes of the children into consideration. If you raise these issues you are told you are a hostile mother. I am weary being dragged through the courts. He wont be happy until I am dead and burried.
myzima2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i would personally try to get all the evidence you can that your ex is an abuser and that your two younger children are in danger the courts will have to recongize this because this is child endangerment but your biggest help would find someone that you know that knows both of you and ask them if they would write a statement on your behalf about the character of your ex but you need to find some one who is bias have it noterized or have them go to your lawyors office. it took me two years to get supervised visitation for my son against his father because i could not prove he was using drugs but then one day he slipped up leaving me a message talking about getting drugs the day he was suppose to come and get my son for visitation and i recorded all the messages he left and luckly i got a hold of his ex girlfriend and she wrote a four page affadivated on my behalf talking about how my ex used drugs around my son and took him when he went to get drugs it may take time it took me about two years or so to get this keep the faith and keep good documentation befriend people that may help you out even if you dont want to and good luck girl i will be praying for you and your children
Mickeymouse5472

State or Province: Utah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I am new to this site and have already read and posted many things. It horrorfies me to hear all these terrible things that have happened to both mothers AND THE CHILDREN. I know I couldn't function with out my child, so to all those mothers who have had their children wrongfully taken from you, I give you my upmost respect and sympathy!!! (as for you men I am not a father, nor did I ever have one, so how could I know how you feel, but I still would still give you my sympathy if it should be rightfully given!) I couldnt do it, I dont know how I would live a day with out my child!!
As for these mothers/fathers groups they should look into each case individually and not just help for any stupid reason!
I agree that the "best interests" of the child should always be one of the biggest concederations! (BUT) With each child and each case being so different (and each veiw different too) Who REALLY knows what is best for the child???
Why not talk to and ask the children what they want? Children should also have a big say in what happens to them! (of course depending on age and what not.)
What about the "primary care giver" ? Shouldn't they have a big concederation too? (Which ever parent that happens to be) They would be the one who knows the child(ren) the best! (Like in my sisters case where even when her and her BF were together, she cared for the baby the most! She did everything from the one who fed and bathed her, to buying all the clothes and things that she needed , she was the one that took the parenting classes without him because he "didnt need them" she is the one that made sure the baby was safe and happy! Where as the father always ponded the baby off on everyone or sat her in front of the tv, so he could do other things, like talk to girls on the computer.)
My case is biased, because the father isn't around and I have made all the decions in his life up to this point. If his father just all a sudden poped into the picture, and decided that he didnt like the ways I was doing things, what gives him the right to do so? Just because he donated one little sperm? I am the one that has done all the work from that point on out!
Amen to starting a support group that would help either parent gain rightful custody, shared/joint, full ,visitation whatever!
To All these parents and/or grandparents taking kids to get outta paying child support, or just to hurt the other parent is ridiculous!!! Grow up!~
myzima2000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the post yea i know what you mean before i had to get surpervise visitation i always let my child go with my ex even though i felt it was not in best interst of my child because of the drug issue i was having trouble to prove but i did what i felt was right even though i worried about my son to death while he was gone but going through my divorce and the after math i have learned alot about myself and my child and i do agree each case is different and i want to start a group with parents who have been there to help other go through the process who understands their needs because they have been there for anyone wanting to help please let me know the only thing that is stopping me is money i want to do different divisions for custody, child support, foster care and abused children anyone willing to take a chance and help single parents get their rights back and protect or children let me know and check the website out www.familyrightsadvocacy.com
hayley3

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of our failures as women, is to see the need to have a Mother's organization. We are "too nice" in that we want what is the best interest of the children. The best interest of the children is to be with their mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously there may be one mother in a million that does not deserve to be a mother.

Men do not give birth to the children and I just do not feel that they have the same feelings, the same anguish when separated from their kids. I know it about killed me. I lost my hair and got very sick just from the worry over it.

I think we should do away with forced visitation too. Things worked out well for the children when it didn't exist. Mothers had a say in what happened to their children and if the ex was abusive the mother could control the situation.

Anyway, being passive while the men set up camp, is only setting us up for failure, when it comes time to protect our children. And there will come a time. Maybe not now, but for your granddaughters children.
TAMEE

State or Province: West Virginia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The father did help create this child, and there is nothing set in stone that mothers get more rights. I know of a few fathers that rightfully deserved full custody and got it. There are many dead beat mothers out there too.

I personally believe a father who doesn't actively participate or pay for the child should get as much rights as it took him in creating the baby. So what would u say the % is for a man who simply sent some sperm swimming. Maybe 5% The other 95% consist of the mother taking care of herself her body while pregnant, going through a stream of emotions, having to go on leave to bring the child into the world. How about the numerous Dr's appointments, the visits to the hospital to be poked and monotoried. Just because a man lays down w/ a woman shouldn't be claims he is just as deserving to have rights. If this was so they would be able to give birth and be born w/ the instincts to take care of a child. Most of these men just don't want to pay and when they are given all these rights the mothers still have to provide the clothing for them. I know there are some mothers out there who just shouldn't have kids to start with, but that doesn't mean that men are better fit to care for them.
hayley3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Until you have been a mother, you cannot love like a mother.
Men can say all day long, that I love my children just as much as their mother, well I disagree. Never in a million years, would I have believed how strong the bond between a mother and her baby could be, until it happened to me. By damaging that bond, we are damaging the mental health of children. For men it is more of a competition thing, not the welfare of the children.

Let's go drag the mother bears away from their babies and the baby bear will die because the father is not supposed to take care of it. That's why he doesn't give milk. Now the breastfeeding mom still has to relinquish her children because the man is not concerned with the health of the baby, only at getting back at the mother. Very, very sad.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree that young babies should be with their mom till theya re 1 year, than can start staying overnights with the father's. My son never spent the night away from me till he was a year and a half. That is when I let his father start taking him overnight.

Men do not have the attachment that women have with their children. No way!
hayley3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all write a letter to the National Organization for Women.

Also go here:
http://www.stopfamilyviolence.org/ocean/host.php?page=0

There's also an article there about Parental Alienation Syndrome.

There is finally a movement to help stop abusive parents and parents who are substance abusers from getting custody of their kids. Yippee!!!!
My ex is an alcoholic and verbally and mentally abusive, so he would qualify! It's starting in California. http://www.protectiveparents.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: