An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need mature advice from a single mom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
js5555

State or Province: Nebraska

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Need mature advice from a single mom! Reply with quote

I'm still having an issue trying to understand why my husbands babymama tracks us down everywhere we move to, where we work at, and somehow finds phone numbers.

What is this behavior? If your ex-boyfriend or sex partner who you ended up getting pregnant by told you when you found out you were pregnant that he wasn't ready to be a father, didn't want a baby by you and you knew he was already with someone else and he's married now with a child of their own and he's paid his child support current but hasn't responded to you in the last 6 years, why keep trying?

I understand wanting the child to know who his or her father is, but geez. At some point don't you think you should move on to find your own happiness instead of trying to cause problems?

Am I being selfish because I can't forget about the fact that this woman in our past disregarded my feelings and messed with my husband intentionally?
lindylu922

State or Province: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, But GROW UP!
you need to be less insecure and encourage your boyfriend to have a relationship with this child wheather he wanted it or not! He made a child, now deal with it, how would feel if your father ran away, wanted nothing to do with you? This is why our children are messed up! they need there parents to give a crap about them. It's NOT about the childs mother, IT"S ABOUT THE CHILD! I don't mean to be so harsh but man... the kids gotta come first whatever you have to do. It's everyone's responsibility.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with that i would give anything to have my ex pay up child support current and would love for him to take an interest in his child and matter of fact his old ex girlfriend me and her had became really good friends when they were together and i knew my child was safe when he use to have to go to visitation but because of the drug use of my ex the girlfriend left him and i finally got supervise visitation for my ex. but every child needs to know their father if they are a good man and you should encourage him if he really loves you you should be able to trust him
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was this child conceived while you were married to him?

If it was, then get used to it. If you choose to stay with your husband after he cheated and had a baby with someone else, she has every right to contact him. They know have a child together.

Does he pay support? He has to at least do that, but he does not have to see the child if he does not want too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: