An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sceared to put the fathers name on birth certificate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommytobe

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: sceared to put the fathers name on birth certificate Reply with quote

i'm 7 months pregnant and recently i left the father of my baby due to over jealousy and other reasons. my ex told me that he is going to take our child from me after the birth. Should i put his name on the birth certificate, and if i don't then can he be given custody of our child.
airman129

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: sceared to put the fathers name on birth certificate Reply with quote

mommytobe wrote:
i'm 7 months pregnant and recently i left the father of my baby due to over jealousy and other reasons. my ex told me that he is going to take our child from me after the birth. Should i put his name on the birth certificate, and if i don't then can he be given custody of our child.

In fact, as far as I know, and I could be wrong, I don't belive they have any rights, including to even request custody if the child is not on the birth cert., and the mother doesn't declare knowledge of who the father is, unless he is added to the certificate later by the court, that would require something along the lines of proof, DNA testing, sometimes initiated by the state if the mother is on public assistance.
Hope it's gone okay so far. It sounds like he could try to cause a lot of problems for you, when it sounds like you just want to raise your child. Myself I would be careful of what door I open that can't later be closed. ie. bringing them into the picture at all if they aren' t really there for the best interest of the child and respectful of the mother. I would document everything, keep a journal, every time threatening tone is used, every time the other person displays attitude towards you or around the baby, it may establish a pattern of instability later. Have others who support you around who can witness this type of behavior if it becomes intrusive to your home.

I am not a professional and in no way can offer to advise on these issues, these are just my opinions from what I have seen or experienced myself personally. There are qualified attorneys out there who do offer flat rate for services and reduced rates for those who need some family law help.
Folowmesee

State or Province: Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: V Reply with quote

Sad love What has come here and feel is very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: