An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

only 2 1/2 months left and i'm in need of advice..please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommytobe

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: only 2 1/2 months left and i'm in need of advice..please Reply with quote

i am 7 months pregnant and recently left the father of my baby. he was very jealous and controlling and people thought he was a saint. before i left he told me he was going to get our child due to he has his own place, and is keeping a good job. i have had a difficult pregency and am not able to work. he told me that he would get custody over our child. should i even let him sign the birth certificate, and if he does after the birth of our child can i leave state our can my baby be taken from me..... please help i am in need of any advise.......
dunedogs

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: just in my opinion Reply with quote

I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. I"M GOING THROUGH A SIMULAR SITUATION MYSELF. (SEE TOPIC LABLED "MOTHER OF ABUSIVE DECEASED SON WANTS TO REPLACE W/ MY BABY") I KNOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A NAME UNDER FATHERS NAME, BUT TO ME IT SEEMS AS WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT. YOU BEING WITH YOUR BABY,OR PLAYING TUG OF WAR AS I'M BEING FORCED TO DO? AT LEAST IF HE DOES'NT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE THEN HE WON'T HAVE ANY CLAIM AS FAR AS PATERNITY TEST GOES! BUT THAT COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR YOU LATER ON IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY & COLLECT CHILD SUPPORT. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING , I REALLY DO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! GOODLUCK IN YOUR DECISION.

TAKE CARE OF
YOURSELF, & YOUR BABY

SINCERELY, RONNI CURTIS
CadysMommy

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know, you can leave the state. According to the courts, there is no PROOF that he is the father. You can deny it left and right until the baby is born and he demands a paternity test. If you leave the state, then he will have to file there and either a. move or b, travel back and forth.
It wouldnt be hard for him to find you, all he has to do is run your name over the internet to find where you keep your car regestration, license, where you're regestered to vote etc. Eventually he would find you. But maybe he will be like most dads and not have any contact. because visitation=money out of their pocket. From my experiences a lot of it has to do with heated moments and talking out of their *&%#.
I know how you feel. Once your baby is born and even the thought that you might lose your baby will break you down. It's painful, so be strong. Smile I posted a few above if you'd like to respond to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: