An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best decision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JillianT

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Best decision Reply with quote

Becoming a single mom was the best decision I made.

I'm married now after many years, but I absolutely do not regret making the decision to have my baby boy.

My Mom and family were shocked. The people I worked with were as shocked. I was educated, working, and financially independent...why not. I knew I could do it.

The father ---he was willing to go through with a marriage but I didn't want to marry him. It was the best decision ---the decision to be a single mother--- the best I said to myself...the best for me and for my baby.

The father would be involved if he wanted, but if not that was okay. I could do it ...and I did.

My boy is older and wonderful and his new stepfather makes three now. It is great to be in this type of a family now. I look back on that decision and say Thank God I didn't marry that man (my son's father), what a mess my life would have been in...being with someone I didn't respect, didn't love, and was really dishonest.

Cheers to other Single Mothers who make this choice.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good you you. My situation is vey similar. I thank god I kept my baby and did marry the father. Very Happy
Mickeymouse5472

State or Province: Utah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I made the right decison to be a single mother! The father of my Son is much younger then me and very inmmature! The thought of marriage never crossed my mind, but adoption did. I am glad that I kept him, he is my world and I could never live without him!!! I love being a single mom and have a great support system from my family! Both my Grandma and my Mom were single parents after failed marriages. As a result I have a very, very close family! I think that its much better for a child to have one great parent then having one parent and one who is in and out and hardly ever sees them. Or being passed back and forth from parent to parent. This happened to my three year old niece. When my sister got pregnant she decided to stay with the father, they were together for a year and a few months. The baby do good with them together, but after they split my niece was much happier (THEY CONSTANTLY FOUGHT) My sister had her potty train out of diapers and when she was 18 mo old she was doing great! Then about 4 mo ago the father filed for custody and now she is thrown back and forth she is now back in diapers and on a bottle. It breaks my heart, because she isn't happy any more and we have to leave her screaming and crying with her father every time!
I am so glad that my son will never have to be put through that!! To all those single mothers out there by choice, DONT EVER LET ANYONE TELL THAT BEING A SINGLE MOTHER BY CHOICE IS BAD!! FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ITS MUCH BETTER FOR THE CHILD!!!~
jo_ann2577

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: re: best decision Reply with quote

i'm happy to hear about a lot of other women out there who have also made the decision to be a single mom and are happy with it..i myself have not regretted having my little boy alone..i grew up with a happy, loving complete family and i would have loved to have been able to provide my son with the same kind of family. however, if that would have meant having a father who was unsupportive or an absentee father at that, may as well not have one..
i am very happy seeing my little one growing up and learning new things day by day..i can only keep my fingers crossed that we will remain happy this way as the years go by..
it's nice though that some stories have happy endings like yours, MaryM..and it's also heartwarming to know that other people also end up meeting some great guy like you, JillianT..
here's to all the happy single mothers and their children out there!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: