An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out of options...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelEyesInspired

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Out of options... Reply with quote

I am 17 years old, and 5 months pregnant. I have a really low income and so does my father (the child's father left me) and we can't afford the baby. I applied for medicaid because I also do not have health insurance to pay for the birth and doctor's appointments and we were 1,000 a year over the limit. I'm scared because of the enourmous debt piling up that I can't afford and I'm afraid I'm out of options. Is there any other way I can get health insurance?
marigallion

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Help is on the way! Reply with quote

Hey! Look into getting a midwife. You can find a great, experienced midwife who bills medicaid, and they're actually often more knowledgable about natural health than doctors are. Your truly don't need all of those appointments they say you need, and if you need medical intervention while you are giving birth, the midwife will get you to the hospital. Also, check out the WIC program, and call Catholic Social Services and tell them about your predicament. ALSO, the hospital bills you accrue can sometimes be paid off at $25.00 a month, regardless of how much your labor and delivery costs are. I got over 3,000 dollars of my bills forgiven because I was of a low income, and when you look at that bill and see that you paid $40.00 for a box of maxi pads that you can get at the store for $5.00, you can go to them and say, "What? I'm not an insurance company, I'm a 17 year old new mother-- I can't pay $40.00 for a box of friggin maxi pads." There's lots of things you can do. If you want this baby, you will make it! Let me know if you need any more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: