An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

visitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: visitation Reply with quote

I have a 7 year old son, whom his father has only seen for 6 months after his first birthday. I have sole Custody and he has resonable visitation. I receive a certified letter in the mail on Saturday that he has contacted a attorney and his attorney told him to send me a letter stating he wants to come and pick up my son next Sunday for 4 hours so they can get to know each other. I have a problem with this I have taught my son not to go to strangers and now his father is a stranger and wants to walk up to the door say I'm your dad lets go?? I want some sort of ease into meetings first so I know he can be trusted. I called the father and left a message as so far he has yet to contact me back? HELP???
Carlsness1975

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not let your son go with him, offer to meet him somewhere in a public place, if he has a problem with that, then I would be concerned as to why he wants him alone for any amount of time. I would call an attorney and find out your rights. I have 2 daughters and my ex didn't see them for 7 months, that was 5 years ago now, I made arrangements to be with him when he wanted to visit the girls, it turned out to be a great visit, now for the past 5 years he has the kids every other weekend, and sometimes takes them for a couple hours during the week. I would say go with your gut, there are too many cases of parents running off with their child.
Carlsness1975

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend whom is wondering about her rights, she has custody of her son, but the father has visitation, he does not want to give her his home address, and in her papers it says it is in the childs best interest for both parents to have eachothers home address, home phone number and work number..Do you know if she can refuse to send her son with the father?
Angela Blankenship

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
The father is not going with the court order.
She needs his phone number and address that is not too much to ask for.
She should get ahold of her attorney and get him invovled.

My son's father never showed up, go figured. I put my son through being upset and having nightmares, and why??? His father was the one who contacted me seems to me he is playing games, I have a phone call at 10:30pm from a pay phone and a women asked if this was "Elliot" household, which is my attorney's name, I don't know for a fact, but I am sure it is my son's fathers wife...... Why play games when it hurts the child. I am going back to court to try and take away his parental rights, at this point I don't care about the $52.00 a week for all the pain he is putting my son though.
marina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your ex wants to see the child, he will have to be reaquointed with him. also, this can be considered abandonment. seek a profetional on this one! this is a traumatic experience for the child! a parent cant just walk in and out of a childs life when ever it seemes convenient. remember the best interests of the child.
Sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a court determines the visitation rights of a noncustodial parent, it usually orders "reasonable" visitation , leaving it to the parents to work out a more precise schedule of time and place. Reasonable visitation allows the parents to exercise flexibility by taking into consideration both the parents' and the children's schedules. Practically speaking, however, the parent with physical custody has more control over the dates, times and duration of visits. He or she isn't legally obligated to agree to any particular schedule, but judges do take note of who is and who is not flexible. If you are inflexible, merely to vex your ex, it can backfire when you need to ask the court for something in the future.

The parents have to cooperate and communicate frequently, for the reasonable visitation approach to succeed. If you suspect right off the bat that reasonable visitation won't work, insist on a fixed schedule and save yourself time, anger, and possibly money. If you've already agreed to reasonable visitation and it isn't working out -- for example, one parent is consistently late, skips scheduled visits or doesn't inform the other parent where he or she is planning on taking the children -- you can go back to court and ask that the arrangement be changed.
littlenikki19

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: court in a week Reply with quote

hi i am a 19 year old mother and i have a 6 month old son who is the happiest baby in like well in my family. the father is taking me to court for visitation and he has a past with drugs and jail. he has been tazered by a cop, and has violated probation more then once. he has been harresing my family and me for the past 2 months or so and i have not spoken to him for a month. i tried to get a restraing order on him, but since there is no violence in volved with this harrassment, then the cops cant do anything. he has threated my sisters boyfriend and has been writing my letters since he found out i had my son. he is not on the birth certificate, he was not apart of my life since the 3rd month which was when i found out i was pregant. i realized that i didnt want to feel like i was suppose to be with some one because i was having their baby, also i dumped because he lied alot to me and treated me like a taxi. i offically stoped talking to him when i was at work and my boss came up to me and asked me why the cops where calling for me. so i called my parents house and they said that the cops had been there asking if i knew anything about jesse the father and him stealing anything lately seeing as he was caught after his cerfew and dressed in all black about a block away from where a house was broken into. i was so stressed out i broke down at work and had to go home. i found out that night that he was doing crack and other drugs. i told him to leave me alone and didnt hear from him since then. he has been rehab and he had his mother talk my sister in to telling her everything about me and joey. my sister then moved into to the duplex next to them and after that jesse had my neice call me so ... anyways i have to go to court because i gave jesse a chance and believe that he would drop the potition on me and he didnt and he filled out a default out on me. and then set up a hearing. i have a hearing. about two weeks ago i got another hearing paper in the mail when i called the court house to see if this was real they said that they had no infomation on this date nor anyother. so it is a fake hearing. if you could i would like advice i go see my lawyer on wedsday because that is when i will have the 1000 dollars that she is asking for. i dont want this man apart of my sons life because what he did in the past what he has done to my family and what he has done to me. thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: