An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

surrending rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadiapanduro11

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: surrending rights Reply with quote

My daughters dad is planning to surrender parental rights. And he is sure that he never has to pay child support for her ever again as long as he does that. I live in California and I know that once the rights are surrender he is no longer obligated to pay child support... I dont know what to do can some help???? thanks
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are remarried and your husband adopts, he cannot terminate rights.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know if he agrees to give up his rights the courts will allow it but it is an agreement between the two of you. i think you would have to go see a lawyor and have him draw up papers and your childs father will have to see a lawyor for him to explain to him what he is about to do so if he wants to do it it can be done but the courts will not be involved in that decision. i dont know how long the process is i have not been able to get my ex to do that but i have talked to a lawyor about it and when i was in court a few months ago the judge told another person that the giving up rights were between the party involved hope that helps
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

The courts generally will not do this unless you are remarried. 2 people need to be financially responsible for the child. He created the child, he must pay support if ordered. Whether or not he wants to see the child is up to him.
tina

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because he gives up his rights doesnt mean he wont have to pay child support not unless you have a husband that wants to adopt him.. i know this to cause im going through this right now.. but noo he will still have to pay and even if someone does adopt your child he will still have to pay whatever is on record in back childsupport if he is behind.. so go ahead let me give up his rights that means if he does do that you wont have to let me come see the child and you wont have to do anything he says after that.. he he you can get his little butt good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: