An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children want to go with father?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shari Smith

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Children want to go with father? Reply with quote

I have raised my children since they were babies. The father did pay child support and would visit intermittently every other weekend. At one point I tried to get my son a big brother for some male influence after the father responded that he did not want any further time with him. Father always treated daughter better than son, his son did not always go with him up until recently. Father now suddenly father expresses interest to have them every other week. Children have spoken with the mediator in our case and told her that they would like to go. I totally am uncomfortable with this. My X was abusive in the past, he was and is very controlling. My children are acting as though the past was my fault and he is an innocent. During our session with the mediator the result was that he would take them an additional night and one morning. This was with the hope that he would get them every other week. He even went out immediately and bought a house so that he could take them and this is when all the craziness started. When he came to my house to pick up the kids instead of knocking he kicked the door. That Sunday, he came to my house when i was not at home and had my son go in and remove a tv and X-Box Controller, when I arrived the stepmom was at the door and the father was standing by the open trunk. My son explained that his father had bought him the stuff and it was his to do with what he wanted. My children seem to be turning against me what should I do. I need some good advice fast.
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad does have a right to pursue a relationship with the kids. If the kids want to see their dad more, why would you be against it? If the kids told the mediator their preference, not sure if you will have much luck in disputing it.

See if you can mediate with him and worj something else out with him besides every other week. Is he willing to take an additiona night per week?

As children get older, especially in their teens, they do have a little say on what they want in court.
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is using this to minupulate you and show you he has power. I would bring this up in mediation and make it clear that he is never to come to your house and send the kids in, doesn't matter if they want it. The stepmom has no business interfering and the courts look down on that.
Do you have an update?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: