An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical needs Son not getting Proper Care

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammy4mom

State or Province: Louisiana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Medical needs Son not getting Proper Care Reply with quote

Sad I am new to this board, but need advise. My son spends the summer across the US with his father. He is a medical needs child and doesn't quite get the care he needs. This caused major problems (seizures) last summer and I had a signed court filed agreement put into place this summer that no medical changes or tests would be done without his doctor's consent. It seems that the problem from last year is starting to repeat itself, regardless of the precautions that I have taken to protect my 5 year old child. At what point can I deem this a medical emergency on my part and pick up my child early from his summer visitation without breeching the custody agreement in place. And when/if that time comes (which considering all the circumstances I feel is now) how do I go about getting him -- as I'm sure if I just show up his father will not just hand him over and I want this to be as un-upsetting as this can be for my son. I try to keep him out of the loop as far as his fathers faults are concerned -- He does not (at least when he's with me -- with is most of the time) hear the fights or hear any negative comments from anyone here about his father. However, he's come home from his fathers saying some pretty cruel and hurtful things about myself, his step father, and his family here -- not intentionally but because it was contiunally told to him while on his visits. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry all this is happening. I am also new to this board and do not know what to tell you that will help. I hope someone can but I wanted to offer you support. I also have a special needs child and depending on the degree of disability they cannot advocate for themselves very well and need us to help them.
((((HUGS))))
sammy4mom

State or Province: Louisiana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Smile Thanks for the support. My son is diabetic, I'm not sure what your special needs is. He's acutally coming home next Sunday--YAY!!!! I'm so excited. My husaband and I are throwing him a surprise welcome home party! Thanks for the support -- I have gotten some advise and I ended up hanging in there and holding back. My court date is set for Aug 14 -- hearing Officer conference is Aug 4th -- wish me luck!!! I'll give you updates! Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: