An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Far from home...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmuhoneygrl

State or Province: Louisiana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Far from home... Reply with quote

I sit at the house most of the day with my mind wandering and wondering where to go next...

I am now 7 months pregnant with a baby boy and have not bought one thing for him because of his father's problem with gambling. I watch his half brother and half sister during the day when they're not in school while their father is at work until he comes home and most times when he is home. I am expected to carry most of the burden of keeping the house up to par. Their father considers this giving me authority over the household. I did have a vehicle he let me use to get to my doctor's appt's and whatnot, but he pawned that off last week to go gamble.

Whilst all this drama is going on because of his gambling, such as lack of finances or going without certain things, I struggle with an insecurity, jealousy issue which has not gone away. Their father is almost twice my age, and I am over 1300 miles from home in an environment I am unfamiliar with in a situation I have never been in. And while I struggle still with those two major problems, I have found bits of evidence of him seeing other women on the side, which could be a figment of my imagination or it could very possibly be true.

Regardless, I am apparently driving him crazy and he says that's why he doesn't have a relationship because of all the jealousy stuff I say. He also said I trapped him...Believe me, if I had intended to entrap a man, it sincerely would not have been him. It started strictly as a work relationship and turned into something that only I have strong feelings for him, and he acts like he has none.

I don't know what to do, and I have no one to talk to because I don't get out, and I don't really like most of his family all that much, and the only family I have down here is an older brother who is busy involved in his own life. He constantly threatens to bring the kids to his mother and kick me out if I don't do most of what he says and to stop hassling him about who he talks to. I don't care who he talks to, it's just that his last long relationship started ( I think ) while he was still married to his dead wife. She died in a house fire, and this woman moved in on the territory not even two weeks after she was buried. His excuse? The kids needed someone, and she helped him through a lot. Funny thing is, there's always another reason something like that goes on. She made it very clear to me almost immediately after I moved in with him that was going to try and get her man back in any way possible. I have not talked to her in a while except for when I answered his cell phone and she called me a *&%# and hung up on me.

Yeah, I'm just a bit depressed...
marigallion

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: I advise you get out! Reply with quote

Hey! Sorry you're going through so much, and this post might be a little late anyway. But I advise you run like the wind. You will get nowhere with a gambling addict, and you need to be able to provide yourself and your baby with all that you need. If you've already had the baby, hang tough and hide all yoru money until you have a good opportunity to get out. Besides, he's making just about every excuse not to be there for you and with you. If your parents are alive and enthusiastic about having a grandchild, there's no shame in running back to mama. try not to think of all the money you've lost. Isntead, think of how much you can save without his lazy self to go pawning everything. I wish you all the best!
Mari
www.singlepregnancy.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: