An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUSPENDING CHILD VISITATION????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOMMY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: SUSPENDING CHILD VISITATION???? Reply with quote

I'm in Calif. and want to know if anyone has been successful in haveing visitation suspended until the non custodial dad pays his court order debts current? There is no incentive for non custodial parents to pay because they get the kid(s) anyway. It used to be that if they didn't pay they didn't get the kids. What happened to that? I'd sure like to bring that system back!
marina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear MOMMY, you can try bringing it up to courts attention, but only the judge can geve the order to suspend visitation. if you can prove that nonkustodial parent is iresponcible or does not care for the child and so on, you might get your way. The court is against manipulating parents baced on debts, they are more interested in the "best interest of the child". Some judges, however, expect their orders to followed to the last ditale, so if you have a judge that is like that, he might just grent your request, a spetially if you proof that you need the money to take care of the child in a way that he needs to be taken care of. he also might order his employer to pay you out of your ex paycheck a sertain amount before paying your ex. best of lock.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know in South Carolina the visitation and support are different issues but i just kept going up to the courts every week until they ruled my ex in and he would have to go to court explaining why he was not paying child support. and left it in the courts hands eventully he went to jail. i dont know every state is different
MaryJane

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SUSPENDING CHILD VISITATION???? Reply with quote

MOMMY wrote:
I'm in Calif. and want to know if anyone has been successful in haveing visitation suspended until the non custodial dad pays his court order debts current? There is no incentive for non custodial parents to pay because they get the kid(s) anyway. It used to be that if they didn't pay they didn't get the kids. What happened to that? I'd sure like to bring that system back!

I've learned through many years of court appearances that you don't want to keep the kids from their dad because of almost anything accept abuse. It will (or as I've experienced) only make you look venegeful and hurt you in the long run. Go after his Income Tax $, if he gets refunded, or try having his license suspended. You don't want him to ever tall your kids that "Your Mom kept you from me." and for some unGodly reason, no matter how bad the dad, the kids just don't see them that way. Best of Luck to you whatever you decide. P.S. I was always told to act like a cross between Mother Thersa and Mary Poppins when dealing with the ex, so if Court was involved I could not go wrong in the eyes of the Judge. It has worked for me. AND Document every single thing in a journal; phone calls and anything & everything else
myzima2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: family rights advocacy Reply with quote

I would like to be kept inform of the issues you guys think is important to everyone. i am in the process of getting my non profit organization going we are in the process of getting funding but soon we will be up an running the organization is going to be geared to helping with child support and custody issues but need to know what other things that need to be addressed i will let everyone know when we are actually up and running and when the web site will be finished
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support and visitation are two separate issues... and the Judge is not going to keep the children from their parent over money... that is like putting a price tag on your child.

Like another user stated... asked the courts to intercept his income taxes... garnish his wages... suspend his license... and I believe in the state of California, if his arrears are more then 5000 he can get jail time... and his bail being the amount of the support owed... which would be sent to you.(I think)
myzima2000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your frustration i have been there my ex paid me directly for a year and then i finally got it to go through the courts when he started bouncing his child support checks. my friends kept telling me to not send my child on his visitation but in my heart i could not do that even though i was not getting any support money my theroy was if we had to go to court and because i was court ordered to send him to visitation i did not want him to have any leverage on me. so i kept sending him but i kept track of when i was not getting my money and the courts keep a running tab. the only way you get your ex's tax return is if he does not owe the irs and if you are on DSS support if you are on private support the only thing they do is rule him in. my ex was ruled in three times and had two bench warrent it took them a year to pick him up and he did go to jail for three months but when his boss bailed him out i only got 1/4 of the 4,0000 dollars he owed me when he got out the courts had his boss garnish his wages and 47 dollars went to the back support. child support and visitation are two different issues and from what i have been told it is up to the non custodial parent to exercise that right. the only way to get supervised or suspended visitaiton is if your ex has abused or has a drug or alcohol addiction and makes your child unsafe or endangered in some way it took me over three years for me to get supervised visitation only because i could not prove he was a drug uses and had noone to back me up so hang in there the failure to pay child support will catch up to him just be sure you have your money going through the courts because then you will eventually recover your back support and he will be able to face jail time. good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: