An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need advice.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin1974

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: I need advice....... Reply with quote

I have been divorced for 2 years. My ex and I have stayed very good friends and up to this point have been on equal ground about sharing custoday of our daughter 50/50. I had even moved out of state for a year and half. Since our daughter wasn't schoold age, we were able to split her time 50/50. Our original agreement was that once she started Kindergarten, she would stay with me until she was older and then she could stay with him full time. (around age 10). I've since moved back to the town my ex lives in. He's super happy and we again have both been splitting our daughter's time 50/50. Problem is, aside from seeing my daughter.....I am miserable. I miss the town I just moved from. My job...career potential were just phenominal there within my field. I had also left behind a guy I was dating. We have still kept in touch and things have actually progressed closer to marriage. I talked with my ex about moving back and he won't consent to sharing our daughter. Since we have always been so agreeable, neither one of us had pursued legal custody to date. I spoke with a lawyer and he said that I probably wouldn't be granted relocation rights. My ex and I are both wonderful parents. I wish he would work out something more fair with me, but he won't. If I choose to move back to the town I was residing in for the past year and a half then I have to be the visiting parent to my daughter. She is only 5. Does anyone have any experience living away from their child? At what point do you come to decision about doing what's best for your child and what's best for you? I don't want to look back and regret any decision. I don't doubt that I would maintain a very close relationship with my daughter, but it would difinitely be different. Is is worth it?
veryunhappy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOO! I have never heard of that. If you have taken care of your child for longer than he has and you agree to let him have visatations that are resonable, then I don't see why you can't move. Well unless it is to a diffrent country! =)

GET A SECOND OPINION!
tiffany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was granted court permission to move out of state with my daughter who at the time was 4. Once I moved out of state my ex husband and the courts held many court hearings behind my back and started a custody battle without my knowledge. Since this has happend I have lost my daughter and found out that he is abusing her. Once you are gone then the bond that you have with your daughter will start to fade, no matter how hard you work to keep in contact. Phone calls and cards, emails, and even webcam and chat are not the same as being able to read your child a story at night, tuck her into bed and kiss her on the cheek. Lossing that with your child is never worth a job or a "boyfriend".
marina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are firm in your moving plans, inform your court of your coordinates and how to reach you. in the event your exs wants to start legal procedures, you will be shure to know about it. also if that was to hapen and you have residense for 90 days in your new town you can bring the hearing to that local court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: