An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

daughter going on vacation without her mom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skysmommy35

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: daughter going on vacation without her mom Reply with quote

Hi,

My name is Jennifer. I have a beautiful six year old little girl. I live in upstate ny. In November my ex is taking our daughter down to Florida to visit her grandparents. I'm so sad that i won't see her for eight days. To me that is too long of a time to be away from her. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Jen Crying or Very sad
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you are able to call her i would call her atleast twice a day and try to keep yourself busy i use to try to keep stuff that i could never get done with my son around for the times he did go to visitation with my ex and i tried to go out with my friends because i did not have to pay a babysitter i had a free one lol.. i know it will be hard i use to have a hard time when my son would go on the weekend visitaiton i would cry the entire time he was gone but after a while i got use to having a social life and being able to hang out with my friends and stuff but now those days are gone i had to get supervise visitation with my ex because of his drug use and now i have my son all the time which i dont mind because i love him to death and i am glad he is safe i just got use to having some me time but you will get through as long as you stay busy the eight days will go by fast
skysmommy35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,

her father sees her every wednesday night and part of the day on thursday. So i don't see her on wednesday nights. That's the only time I don't see her. I don't know how to handle not seeing her for eight days. It seems like it's going to be a lifetime before she comes home. She says she will miss me when she goes. I have to bring her father and her to the airport and i pray that she doesn't cry in front of me. If she does, i'll lose it. i'm so sad right now.

jen
myzima2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how you feel it will be hard and if you have to cry it is ok to miss her just keep her picture close or a blanket that has her scent i use to look at my son pictures or old videos i took of him when he was gone and call her all the time you still have phone visitation or at least you should and if her father is a good person he should let you talk to her i know it will be hard if you need to talk you can email me any time my email is myzima2000@yahoo.com
skysmommy35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes her father is a good person. i will talk to her every night before she goes to bed. she lives with me 95% of the time and she sees him alittle. I just want to be able to show her a brave face and not cry in front of her. She shouldn't see me cry. I don't know.

Jen
myzima2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have faith that you will do well when you see your little one off just think happy thoughts and know that she will be safe and you will see her soon i know it will be hard but you will get through it trust me i know i have been there
skysmommy35

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

how do you deal with seeing your little walk away from you knowing that she really doesn't want to go. i really don't have any friends i could call and do stuff with. so i have no idea what's going to keep me busy. This is going to be the hardest thing to do.

Jen
myzima2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be honest when my son started his visitation he was 5 months old and sending my little baby off for a whole weekend felt like an eternity for me epecially because i did not trust or feel comfortable with him going. so i really just isolated myself and cried the entire weekend and it took me a good almost 6 months to a year before i could get through a whole weekend without crying. and i know how you feel because at christmas time my ex got my son for one week and i basiclly just cried and tried to find stuff to do i would look at his baby pictures and look at videos i took sat in his room and just thought about him the entire time i did not call him because he was only a year and i knew he would not be able to talk back to me and my ex was such a looser he would have hung up on me anyway it will be rough but hey you can email me or im me my yahoo id is myzima2000 i will try to keep you company while she is going i know it is hard to send your little one off espeacilly when you use to being with them day in and day out i use to just sit and look around wondering wow it is quiet in the house so just take it one day at a time and if you need to cry go ahead sometimes it will make you feel better
skysmommy35

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year she went with her dad and then girlfriend and her two kids. So my daughter didn't really miss me because she had friends to play with and it kept her busy. This time she is only going with her dad. She does have a six year old and a one year old cousin down in florida. She also has her grandparents down there. The last time they saw her was June of last year. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown over this. I don't want her to miss me, but i want her to have a good time. the hard part of all of this is the waiting game. I want it to come quick and get over quick. I hate this part. I normally cry when she is sleeping so she doesn't see that i'm upset. Who knows, she might already know that i'm upset. I tell her that i'm going to miss her and i don't think that i should be telling her that.

Jen Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: