An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father wanted his rights terminated and now is fighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TALYTEA

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Father wanted his rights terminated and now is fighting Reply with quote

In our divorce decree it states that my ex have reasonable and agreeable visitations and fathers day. He has not seen or asked to see my son since Christmas of last year and is over $8,000 dollars behind in child support. He has never really seen my son since we were divorced, maybe a few minutes 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years. He called and told me that he was through with us and wanted his rights terminated so he wouldn't keep getting behind on his support. I had my lawyer draw the papers up and he was served, and my husband was going to adopt my son. Now he has decided to fight me and wants to take my son to Georgia, we live in Tennessee. My son has no idea who this man is and thinks that my husband who has raised and supported him is his daddy. My son now has a new sister and asks why his last name is different than all of ours and wants his changed. In the termination papers it states grounds because of abandonment, the physchological and physical welfare of the child, and lack of support. He physical and mentally abused me during our marriage, I don't think that he would hit my son, but I'm afraid of what he would say to him about me and my husband. I'm also worried about his new wife, she runs her mouth too much and I choose to not speak with her. I can't imagine the lies that they would tell my child. He would be scared to death if he had to spend time with them. Can he really get partial custody of my son or does he have a reasonable case? Please help, I'm so scared that this monster will win.
sandy20

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are your children?

I think this is a nightmare scenario. Something I dread.

My husband has also been with my son since around birth and is like a Dad to him. The whole name change thing is also an issue with us as well.

What do you think triggered the change in decision to want partial visitation?
TALYTEA

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is 5, he doesn't know that this man is his father. I have remarried a wonderful man that my son thinks is his dad and we have a 7 month old daughter that my son adores. He asks why his name is different than hers and when his father asked to terminate his rights I told my son that we were adding her last name to his and he was so excited, but now his father has changed his mind and my son is the on who will pay.

I don't really know why he changed his mind on the termination, but I'm pretty sure it's because of his new wife. She's evil, she sent my son a birthday card and told him about his sister that he doesn't know. I never told him about her because they didn't know who the father was, so I wasn't going to confuse him further. His father hasn't paid child support since last June and is really behind, that's why he wanted to give his rights up, but he still won't pay his support and I'm adding everything I can on top of it to make him back down, I just hope this works.

Are you going through this now or just forseeing things to come?
speedie1

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going through the same thing my daughter is going on ten an my husband has been daddy since she was three. We have a 6,3and 3monthe and a 14 year old stepsister. My daughters father is in and out of jail for the same violent crimes and now at the coaching of his mother is trying to get visitation rights. My husband and I sent off for adoption papers because our daughter wants my husbands last name. i think you should do the same this will show the courts that your husband wants to be more than just her stepdad but he wants her to be entitled to the rights of his biological child. PRAY PRAY and ask God for favor in every aspect of your case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: