An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mothers Rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AThompson

State or Province: Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Mothers Rights Reply with quote

This letter is in regards to one of my very close friends. For the last several months I have been watching her go through a lot with the loss of her custody battle for her 3 year old daughter. I am writing this letter because I feel like every mother should have the right to have custody for their children. Leslie is a great mother who has always been their for her children and would do anything in the whole world for them. Now that she has lost custody her family falls to pieces day by day. I watch her and her 6 year old son go through depression stages and all they can think about is the time they could be spending with their daughter/ sister, and what makes it even more worse is watching a 6 year old go through it and not even being able to explain why! For all the things she has tried to do to help her side of the story you would figure that there would be a least one person in all of Canada that could help her, but no. You would think that from many people hearing her story that they would want to help but there is no one there to except for the support of her friends and family. So all that I am asking is that whoever reads this letter and feels that this isnít right then I would like to know what else can be done. A mother carries ones child, not the father. So why is it that when he feels like he deserves more he gets it, especially when you look at it from a different perspective. Having love for ones child and having love for ones child support cheque are two different things, think about it. Speaking for myself as a child who grew up with a single mother I wouldn't take anything back, and she definetly did everything right on how to raise a child. Please contact me through my email address and help me help my friend.
Thanks
sandy20

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

I hate to be so blunt but ---Welcome to 2006. Child custody by a mother is no longer the norm..Courts NEED to side on behalf of fathers these days.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter that that mother is the better parent, has a stronger bond with the child, and is the one who is more ready mentally and emotionally to handle parenting. It doesn't matter that the child would really be better off with the Mom.

What matters is that the father might have a better attorney because he is able to pay more money for one.

I'm not sure about Canada law, but the trend across the U.S. is just as I said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: