An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickeymouse5472

State or Province: Utah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Father Reply with quote

Am I wrong for trying to keep my baby away from his father?
Before I knew I was pregnant I took my 2 yr old niece to Disneyland. It was suposed to be a family vacation, but my sister wasnt able to make it, but she still let me take my niece. Since I had already paid for the whole thing I invited my Boyfriend with me. While we were there he was totally jealous of my niece the whole time. He constantly complained, about her and threatened several times to spank her. Although I told him that he was not allowed to touch her. She was actually really well behaved for a two year old who was missing most her naps due to running around all day at Dianeyland and Sea World ect. At night she would cry for her mom sometimes, and he would get up set with her and when I would comfort her and distract her from this point he would get mad at me. (He would even try to manipulate me, into pittying him because I was with my niece all the time instead of catering to him) He also cussed her and I out several times. This was a new side of him I had never seen. On the last day we were at Disneyland we were waiting for Fastamic to start, I left to go to the BR which was a distance away from where we were at. I asked my niece if she wanted to go to the bathroom with me and she said no. She was playing on a wall overlooking the water. When I got back she was crying and had marks on her. He told me that she had fallen off the wall. I just cuddled her and we watched the show, then went home. We ended up fighting most of the trip and all the way home. As soon as I got back I broke up with him and kicked him outta my house. About a week later my niece told me that he had hit her several times. When I recalled the night then she did have red marks on her face. He completly denied ever hitting her, when I asked him.
3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I did try to contact him and he refused to talk to me or anyone else who talk to me. Now that I have had my son and read all this stuff about fathers comming back and getting custody of their kids this scares me. (I dont mind the father seeing my son when he is older, but I want it to be on my sons terms and supervised, because I don't trust him.)

Am I wrong to keep my son from his father? I get alot of critisium about me not of telling the father he has a baby.
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell him any thing. Live your life with out him. bringing him into your life and your childs life will only cause very big problems. if and when your child is old enough and if he wants to know who his or her father is then you should make the choice this fathers rights s$%^ is insaine. this man will end up with more rights than you have to your child if you open that door to him.
JRHunt18

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let him be alone with your son ever. Make sure also that you write everything down as far as he goes wheather he calls or whatever. No man should hit a kid or be jealous because a child is getting more attention then they are. Any guy that can't accept a niece or nephew that you are close to shouldn't be around at all.
pjb

State or Province: Alberta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on being a single mum.
don't ever tell the sperm donor about YOUR child!
it is best to keep ALL men away from all women and children.
JustDani

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have alot of questions of my own concerning my children, I do have to let you know that I think your doing the right thing. Anybody that feels the need to "out shine" a child has enough problems already. Add parenting to an already overloaded thought process and it just seems like you would be asking for trouble.
LanaNY

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate. I regret having told my child's biological father that I was pregnant. How much more peaceful our lives would be and in my child's true best interests if i hadn't. I hope your situation has evolved peacefully. Give a follow up if you're still on this list.
LanaNY

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate. I regret having told my child's biological father that I was pregnant. How much more peaceful our lives would be and in my child's true best interests if i hadn't. I hope your situation has evolved peacefully. Give a follow up if you're still on this list.
linhely

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let him be alone with your son ever. Make sure also that you write everything down as far as he goes wheather he calls or whatever. No man should hit a kid or be jealous because a child is getting more attention then they are.
arlenegrayson

State or Province: Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Father Reply with quote

Mickeymouse5472 wrote:
Am I wrong for trying to keep my baby away from his father?
I asked my niece if she wanted to go to the bathroom with me and she said no. She was playing on a wall overlooking the water. When I got back she was crying and had marks on her. He told me that she had fallen off the wall. I just cuddled her and we watched the show, then went home. We ended up fighting most of the trip and all the way home. As soon as I got back I broke up with him and kicked him outta my house. About a week later my niece told me that he had hit her several times. When I recalled the night then she did have red marks on her face. He completly denied ever hitting her, when I asked him.

Several years ago, I worked in a pediatrician's office. You wouldn't believe how many mothers brought in abused babies and lied about who was beating them. It made me so sick. We had to report the abuse to the authorities, but it was up to them to pursue it further. Here's my advice: Listen to your heart. It's your job to protect your child. If you don't, who will?
FindAuPair

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should let your child have a relationship with his father. If he was a bad parent doesn't mean you should be like him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: