An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't know what to do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kryzteen

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Don't know what to do Reply with quote

I am 10 weeks preganet and on the edge of either keep the child or abortion. I really want to keep the child although I know it will be hard because I won't have a partner to do it with. Although I am not sure who the father is (unfortunatly there is multiple possiblities and none of them good choices.), I have a lot of male friends and relatives who I know who can fill that role until I find a good choice of a male partner in life. I have a job that pays $9 an hour, but I know that will not be enough to support both me and the child. I am just scared because right now in my life I should have the abortion, but I know my situation will get better. Anyone out there with advice of what I should do?
Melonarchy

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my baby girl a little under two months ago. Less than a year ago I was in the same exact position as you are in now. My choice in the long run was, of course, to go through with it. I was working as a waitress and could barely support myself, let alone a child. I was going to get an abortion but then I got into a car accident. I broke my arm and had a some stitches. While in the hospital, before the ultrasound, the only thing I could think of was is the child alive? Do you know how they could tell?
They found her heartbeat..... for me I couldn't see past a tiny flicker in the screen, my baby.

I am not saying abortion is wrong, all I am saying was at that moment the struggle and the embarrasment of having a child with no father and no money wasn't important. All I cared about was some tiny flicker.

I am not going to lie, so far this is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I love my little girl and she is worth having to pull in the extra hours to buy her diapers and pay for her sitters. She is worth so much more than that.

In the long run if you decide to have an abortion I would like you to know, there is NOTHING wrong with that. It is your body and no one elses choice. Just please keep in mind that no matter how bad things may seem, you will never find a greater love.

Hope you do not regret any life choices
Kat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: