An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will I even be able to try for custody?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmilyJane

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Will I even be able to try for custody? Reply with quote

I am still married right now but on the verge of divorce. My husband has traveled with his job for the last 5 years and I have raised my kids basically by myself. He just recently stopped traveling so much, I think in hopes that we could work something out, but he is unfaithful to me and I really can't take his crap anymore.

We have two kids, both under the age of 5, and I have always been a stay-at-home Mom for them. I do not have a job and no way for income unless I can move from TX to NM where my parents live and can help me with my kids.

He has already eluded to the fact that he will get joint custody because he is the "breadwinner" and I am just the lazy person that sits around the house (his words).

If we have to go through joint custody, will I be able to move? My husband is not abusive to the kids and I think he really does love them, but we are just not meant to be, so I don't want to exclude him from their lives, especially because they adore their daddy, but I have to make a break that I can survive, and I can't do that without my families help.

I cry even as I type this because I am just at a loss. I am naive enough to have never imagined that my life would end up like this. I would like to think that I would have never had kids if I would have known my husband would do this, but they are the most precious things on this earth and I can't imagine my life without them.

I don't even really know how to proceed. Any thoughts at this point would be helpful. I just don't know what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: