An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

child support and visitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saraMD

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: child support and visitation Reply with quote

Hi,
I am in a great pain as I am writing in this forum today. I have been divorce d for 2 years and have 8 year old daughte. I and my x are living in different states already. He email me 2 days ago to say he got married to someone with a daughter. Even though my daughter has never went to her father in DE now he is asking for her to go there ever other weekend to be with them. He stopped paying child support as of this month. I don't want my daughter to go. He is an abusive person who is now bringing a wife from middle eats with her child to this country. Please help! any suggetsion or world of advice is appriciated. I feel sick to my stomach to believe a judge would force my daughter to go to him. My daughter will be crushed. I know its common but not for me and knowing my daughte and my x, I can't let that happen. I also need my child support. he makes good money so our daughter is going to private school now he just stopped paying. What am I going to do?! Sad Mad
myblueangels

State or Province: Kansas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a court order for child support? If not, there is nothing you can do..............but to take him to court and have it ordered, that way if he stops paying, the state will go after him..........I went through so much trying to get support from the father of my child, that idiot makes over 8000 a month adn thought he didn't have to pay, then got married and had a child with her, and claimed he didn't have to pay since he had another child!!! Idiot!!! Anyway, I had to take him to court and finally got a judgement.

I would not want my child going to another state to visit, but I just don't know what to tell you here, the courts will allow him visitation, but whether they order her to go, i don't know, i would hope they would not.

Good Luck
saraMD

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your respond. I was hoping someone could have some world of advice Smile There is no court order at this time. He too makes well over $8000/ month. He did pay the child support finally but he just delayed it to mess with me. He knows he gets in trouble and as a physician and a forigner he does not want to get in trouble I assume !! My daugther hasn't seen or talked with him for a month now. She says she is not comforatble with him anymore. That SOB calls himself a father and will have rights just because he is the biological father. Sometimes I feel so helpless but then I know my daughter will grow up soon and make her own choices so I am trying to make the best of the situation. As I said we are in different states and there is no way I will let my daughter to go to him. He would need to take me to court and then I will have to fight becasue I believe strongly he is phsycologicaly ill and he could take her out of the country as he is from middle east and has no family here and his new wife is from middle east as well so there is nothing keeping him here. People like him deserve the worse in life and I am sure he will pay somehow. God has to make him pay for everything he has done to me and my daughter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: