An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What no one talks about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tired

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: What no one talks about Reply with quote

Being a single parent sucks. Especially when your deadbeat ex has checked out of the situation emotionally and financially. Every day you struggle, struggle, struggle and still life is hard.
Personally I have really begun to hate being a parent and my child is wonderful. Of course this has caused me to have major guilt issues. He deserves better than me yet is stuck with me.
At times I really hate his father for the freedom he has and I don't. I would love a life of my own, the ability to do things when I want, to live where I want without being responsible for anyone else but me.
Knowing what I know now, there is NO WAY I would have had my son. Parenting is just too hard, especially with no one to help.
It shames me to admit all this, but surely I am not the only mother who feels this way?
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You feel this way now, but you won't as the child gets older. and becomes more independent. be very careful what you wish for. the babys father can step in at any time and decied he wants to be a father to this child, it will not matter that he was not there for that child since birth, like you were. it will not matter you gave your life up for this child. all that will matter is that this deadbeat will be given his rights to your child. This will mean he will be able to take your child for weekends, holidays, ect. because he says he wants to be a father now. it will not matter how bad this persons past is. unless he has killed someone.or hurt a child in any way. my sugguestion to you would be to move a way and not let him know where you have gone. hopefully you were smart enough not to put his name on the birth certificate. you will meet someone some day that will be deserving to be father to your child. Good luck!!!
mom23kidz1

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your feelings are real and true for not just single mothers but all young mothers. Because we gave up so much and didnt realize it but it will be worth it in the long run.
JRHunt18

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some days that I feel the exact same way you do. My daughters father is nowhere around or helping. But everytime I look at my little girl it reminds me why I get up every morning as hard as it is. And even though he took the easy way out I am the lucky one. He is missing out on all the great things that our child can do, and one day you will feel the same way.
emmaly

State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Warning!run girl run! Reply with quote

Why are you still waiting for your rights to be removed at his convenience?
If you want to have a happy life without him coming after his rights, work and live in a neighboring state.
In the North East , New York State is the best mothers state to live in, Mass. is better than Ct. or RI.
Maybe others can suggest states closer to you that still favor mothers..
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Single Parenting Reply with quote

I agree. When I was single is was quite a challenge.
Dealing with child support, child rearing, and visitation and my god the ex.
I was probably the most surprised that there was just no single group out there in the community to prepare you for this kind of life and challenges.

The number thing that made me come out of it was prioritizing my life. Deciding on what was important and what I had to say "No" to...b/c I just couldn't handle the stress or didn't have the time.

Other things I found valuable

--Ask for help.
--still set goals for yourself.
--You can be your own worst enemy so forgive yourself and choose to be happy with your decision and the rest of your life.

--Resolve personal issues one at a time.
--Enjoy your kids.

Best of luck
DL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: