An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FIGHT FOR CUSTODY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Married with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MYDOLPHINS

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: FIGHT FOR CUSTODY Reply with quote

I SHARE A 12 YEAR OLD SON WITH MY EX HUSBAND OF COURSE. LAST WEEK HE TOLD ME MY SON WANTS TO LIVE WITH HIM. I KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING AND IT TORE ME APART. I HAVE TOLD MY EX THAT I WOULD CONSIDER IT WHEN HE IS OUT OF MIDDLE SCHOOL, DUE TO THE FACT I FEEL THAT MY SON ISN'T OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THAT DECISION. MY EX IS A GOOD FATHER PICKS HIM UP EVERY THURS. AND EVERY OTHER WEEKEND, BUT HE'S THE "FUN DAD" MY SON TOLD ME THAT HE'S NOT UNHAPPY HERE HE JUST THINKS HE WILL BE HAPPIER AT HIS DAD'S.. OH ONE MORE THING MY EX BOUGHT A HOUSE LESS THAN A MILE FROM ME SO MY SON CAN SEE HIM WHEN EVER HE WANT'S. I HAVE RE-MARRIED I HAVE 3 STEP CHILDREN WHO MMY SON GETS ALONG WITH REALLY GOOD, BUT MY SON WANTS ONLY MY ATTENTION TO BE GIVEN TO HIM ONLY JUST LIKE IT IS WHEN HE'S WITH HIS DAD. I HAVE OTHER ISSUES WITH HIM LIVING WITH HIS DAD TOO, 1. HE DRINKS EVERY DAY, 2 HE SMOKES MARAJUANA , I KNOW MY EX IS GONNA GET A LAWYER HE TOLD ME WHAT MY SON WANTS HE WILL GET, IM A GREAT MOM AND I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOME AND A GOOD JOB, CNA I LOSE MY SON JUST BECAUSE HE WANT'S TO LIVE WITH HIS DAD?
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what the age is for a child to say in your state? Here it is around 14 but the judge will take into consideration their maturity.
Also if he smokes pot everyday then you can tell that to the judge and he will probably be ordered to take a drug test. If he tests positive then he won't get custody. It sounds like he makes a really good every other weekend dad but won't make a good custodian dad because of his drinking and pot.
You might need to go ahead and talk to an attorney so you will be prepared and not taken by surprise. I cannot see the judge allowing him to live with his dad who is on drugs.
Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Married with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: