An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Putting two families together....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Stepfamily Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caitlynn

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Putting two families together.... Reply with quote

I am in a desperate situation here and looking for some advice. I'm in the process of a divorce with my husband, it's been almost 9 months now since we've seperated. During this process I have met a man that I've fallen in love with.

We've decided to join our two families together as one. The oldest daughter that lives with me is 13 and obviously having some problems adjusting even though I think she's doing quite well. Anyhow, my 13 year old and my boyfriend are having some issues with getting along with each other and I don't know what to do anymore.

There's been battles, and attitude and downright disrespect from my daughter. I don't deny that she's been a little hellion. I've taken her to task each and every time and she's been coming around. She's currently on medication to help with depression and it's done a world of good for her. She's smiling again.

But, There's still some sticky spots (to be expected I feel) between her and my boyfriend. She had a headache and he offered to show her a technique to get rid of it without medicine and she flat out turned him down. She was scared that it would hurt. She wasn't rude, just told him no.

He got very upset over this and proceeded to tell me afterwards that he's not going to try anymore. That he's tired of being treated like this. I feel that he's over reacting but have to wonder if maybe I'm viewing it wrong and that he's justified. I'm beginning to wonder if it would be better for him and I to split up. I love this man but I don't want to be in a household where he doesn't want to be around my kids and vice versa. Or should I just let him cool down and take it as he's speaking out of hurt and anger?

Any advice or insight would greatly help. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Stepfamily Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: