An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

non custodial mom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendydee

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: non custodial mom? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there are any moms out there who have lost their children to their ex in a custody battle, due to the fact that the kids are "old enough" to decide where they live. I am so devistated! I lost my kids in Dec. 2006,and feel so empty and lost.I would just like to talk with someone who has been through this.
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: I have never lost my kids Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear that you lost your kids. I have never had that happen to me, I could not imagine that happening. stay strong they might find that the grass is not as green on that side of the fence after all. You did not say how old your kids are or how many you have.
I was a child from a broken home, my father left our family when I was 5 years old, he left my mom with 5 kids to feed and cloth. he never put a penny into our up bringing. My mom had to work two jobs to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs. NO help from him at all. He decieded to start a new family while he was married to my mom for each kid my mom had his whore had one. I have a half brother that is 3 months younger than I . it goes right down the line with my siblings each child my mom had he had another a few months later with the woman he left my mom for.
when ever my father came into our lives he turned them up side down. he use to come by the house and pick me up a lot. he would put my mother down to me, would always tell me it was all my mothers fault they were not together she did not want him. I believed this i was very young and did not understand the children he was making while he was married to my mother was the real reason they were not together.
I use to go to bed at night wishing my mother was dead so I could go live with my dad. I became a unrulely child, always in trouble. thinking my mother would send me to live with my father because she could not handle me. I would get on the train and go to his house evrey chance i got and he would have me call my mother and say I am at my fathers house and I am staying here for the weekend. or some times he would not have me call so she would call him to see if i was there or not. I would never tell her i was going to his house I would just do it. he told me not to tell her when i was coming because she might not let me come. imagine the worrys i put her through when i did this. This all started when i was around the age of 10. It kept going until the age of 15. I was fighting with my mom one day over her not wanting me to go to my dads. she grabbed hold of my arms and shook me and said I will be damned if he gets another one of my kids. I have two older sibling that went to live with him. that is when my mother started to send me off to Canada every summer to be with my grandparents. the day school got out I was on my way to Canada, I hated it. I would not be able to return until a few days before school started. My father told me the only reason she made me go to Canada was because she hated me. and did not want me around because i was to much like him. I did not realize my mother saved me from my father. my half brother and i hooked up on the internet a few years back and we started talking about the good old days. come to find out they were not good old days for him or his siblings. when Ever i was visiting their house they had the perfect family. but when I was not there they were neglected, verbaly and mentally abused. they took a lot of beatings from my father. I never saw that side of my father. only the side that made me feel special. when i was in my late teens i realized why my parents were not together and every thing he told me was lies. my communications with him dropped of it would be years before i saw him again. I wrote him a letter and forgave him for every thing he did to me and my family. I told him i forgave him but I would never forget what he did. my mother never said a bad word about him to us either. I dont know how she controled her self but she did. So maybe your kids will re think the choice they made to live with dad. and want to come back to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: