An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just wanted to give you all hope!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mylittlesquirt79

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Just wanted to give you all hope!! Reply with quote

I had gone through exactly what you all are going through! I lost custody of my son back in 98 due to my ex husband hiding my son and filing for emergency temp custody, saying I abandoned them. I went from 98 till 04 with visitation ranging from supervised to every weekend and two days a week. In 04 I finally got some of my ex's and his current girlfriends friends to talk to me regarding how my son was being treated over their. He was being mistreated, emotionally abused, verbally abused and on the verge of physical abuse. One of the people I spoke with was willing to speak up in court for me. He wound up getting wind that this was going on, so he hid my son from me again and ran back to the court saying I was allowing my boyfriend at the time abuse him. Anyways to make a very long story short we went to a few hearings, then my ex made a VERY big mistake!! He got arrested and had his attorney call mine to see if we would agree to postpone our courtdate. Of course we refused and my attorney filed for emergency temp custody, due to the fact that my ex was currently in jail and couldn't care for our son. It was granted and my baby came home. Then on the day of our finale custady hearing my ex made his second biggest mistake! The stupid guy didn't show up for court. So needless to say I wound up gaining sole legal/physical custody. He was granted every other weekend and no mid week visit. He of course tried appealing the decision, but the judge left everything the way he ordered it!!! Very Happy Now in 07 my baby is still home!! I just wanted to share this to let you all know that there is light at the end of the tunnel!! When it looks like there isn't any hope left keep looking up!! Good luck to each and every one of you!
hayley3

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you! Very Happy

Sounds like my ex, but mine was arrested for a DUI with my daughter in the car. The Indiana police charged him with the DUI but didn't write in the charges that he had a minor in the car which would've been a felony. They just let him off. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: